Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Cans

I am a Forum User

Ammo Cans

Anyone know of a reasonably priced source for ammo cans in the 96 corridor between Novi and Detroit (my daily commute). Swung by Gander Mountain as that was where I got my last ones a few years back and they only had 6 or 7 badly dented and rusty 50 Cal cans for $10. I'm sure I can do better!!

Thanks!

I am a Forum User
    I picked up a few decent Mill surplus ones at Harrys Army Surplus On Telegraph and Ford road. That is around 2-3 miles off of 96, so not too far out of the way.

I am a Forum User
    Yep Harry's would be your best bet.

Banned
    I've mentioned this before, but I'm sold on them... Meijers sells the Plano "Field Boxes" for about $12 a pop. They're about the size of a .50cal ammo can, they're stackable, and they have the rubber seal in the lid, an inside tray, an outside compartment built into the lid, and they'll accept a lock.

A real MilSurp ammo can works great and carries its own "cred" as well, I own a couple myself, but if that doesn't matter to you and you just need legit storage, then I recommend you check out the Plano. It's a nice setup.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D
    I picked up a few decent Mill surplus ones at Harrys Army Surplus On Telegraph and Ford road. That is around 2-3 miles off of 96, so not too far out of the way.
    Was just in there on sunday. Had about 30 of them, all in pretty good shape, and about $6 a piece.

MGO Member
    Harbor Freight often has their 30 cal plastic cans on sale for $2.99. They are very handy and I like them better than the metal 50s. I have about a dozen of them and pick a couple up every time they go on sale.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I suspect many of you don't like Walmart so here goes. Walmart used to have Chinese made metal cans that were duplicates of USA cans. I have bought many of these and they are excellent. I would never trust any plastic cans. These have been tested by several you tube people and are excellent. They are cheap as well. You want a good metal can, check Walmart. Last I bought any they were like $12. Long term storage, metal only. I have many Mil surplus 50 cal cans and these are as good as or better, IMHO.
    Dave
    NRA Life (Benefactor) Member
    NRA-RSO Cert
    GOA Member
    Huron Pointe Sportsmen's Association Member

MGO Member
    I hope all of you understand this thread had sit dormant for over nine years until today....
    And then a brand new forum user reopened it just to make money.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Member
    Not real sure what the problem is with someone opening up a old thread is? So he has some for sale big deal I'm always looking for ammo cans along with a lot of other people. Maybe with him reopening the thread someone will let go of their stash of a few K of new 50's for pennies on the dollar?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Not real sure what the problem is with someone opening up a old thread is? So he has some for sale big deal I'm always looking for ammo cans along with a lot of other people. Maybe with him reopening the thread someone will let go of their stash of a few K of new 50's for pennies on the dollar?
    Maybe because there are For Sale forums and this isn't one of them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast