Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member Forum User

New Appleseed events are posted -4 events at Centerline of Calhoun - register now!

We've scheduled FOUR events at Centerline of Calhoun in Bellevue (near Battle Creek). The great folks over there have a wonderful facility that has a nice, wide, grassy range that we'll be taking over for the weekend. The big, air-conditioned clubhouse will be offering hot lunches for sale both days.

These events are open to both centerfire and rimfire rifles.

Click HERE for a printable flyer
    Click HERE to go to the Appleseed info page

Click on any of the dates to go directly to eventbrite to register:

May 21-22
    June 18-19 Father's Day!
    July 30-31
    Aug 27-28

Come on out, get some great rifle marksmanship instruction, and learn the history of April 19, 1775 that they don't teach you in school anymore.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

We hope to see a lot of MGO folks out on the Appleseed trail!
    Last edited by intheburbs; 01-18-2011 at 07:27 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I will most likely be at the Fathers Day shoot (what better gift to get myself). Trying to get a couple of co-workers there, maybe some others as well.

I went to the biggy in Southern IN a few years back. Missed rifleman by 4 points. I'll be practiced up by June. Now... where to sew that patch???

PS: I have a very good bud who is a photographer on the side. Would it be ok if he takes pics of us/me on the line/learning?

MGO Member Forum User
    I won't be the shoot boss for the fathers day event - I have other plans. It is the shoot boss' decision. Usually it's not a problem, though. Just talk to him/her when you check in on Saturday.

I'll be the shoot boss at the other three, and it's ok with me. All I ask is that you respect the other shooters' privacy if you intend to post pictures online.

I am a Forum User
    WOW cool only 10 min from my house. I need to make this happen. I have done it once before and had a blast!!!

I am a Forum User
    Registered for May Appleseed. Now, time to practice.

I am a Forum User
    I'm very interested in this. What type of rifles do people run? I have access to a good bolt .22 or my BAR .30'06. They state iron sights, what if I have a scope? It's my deer rifle. Also, can you share rifles? I'd like to bring my GF....

answers

You will see all sorts of rifles at an Appleseed shoot. A .22 is a good choice because it will save on ammo costs. Plan on shooting 500ish rounds and it starts to add up. Bolt action is fine. Makes it a bit more challenging when you get to the rapid fire stages. Scopes are also fine. What you may want to consider is using the .22 Saturday and bringing out the centerfire on Sunday. (That being said, check the information page for the shoot you are planning on attending. Some events are rimfire only.)

As to sharing a rifle, no, that won't work. We don't run relays. We have one firing line and everyone shoots at the same time. There are however (with advance notice) loaner rifles available. These are rifles that are personally owned by instructors and if you email the link on the information page and ask about loaner rifles in general one will be available for you or your GF to use. The earlier you inquire the better the chance of having a loaner available. (Translation: you inquire 2 days before the shoot and all the loaners may be spoken for.)

If you have any other questions, post them up and we'll get you an answer.

Miki

Quote Originally Posted by jackle1886
    I'm very interested in this. What type of rifles do people run? I have access to a good bolt .22 or my BAR .30'06. They state iron sights, what if I have a scope? It's my deer rifle. Also, can you share rifles? I'd like to bring my GF....

MGO Member Forum User
    Bumping, as this is the next Appleseed event on the calendar.

If you haven't attended an Appleseed, come on out! You'll get top-notch rifle marksmanship instruction, and learn some history, too.

I am a Forum User
    Must be everyone already knows how to sling up? How about natural point of aim? Dragging wood?

If not, you need to register. These guys will learn ya! Rifle instruction that is safe, fun, inexpensive and informative. Plus, many like minded folks at these events.