Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

454 Casull ruger 2 1/2 barrel Alaskan

Well,

Review:
    454 ruger 2 1/2 barrel
    6 shot
    (Monster)

I had it two days now and it a blast to shoot, ammo is pricey,but shooting JHP hornady 300G is about the best.. i can shoot 45 Long colt in various grains..
    Shooting 45 long colt 325 +p ammo Hurts,but 300 is no joke either..

I love this gun...Being it my first revolver action it get a big Thumbs up from me.epsi:
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    I love my .44 Alaskan.

Account Closed
    That's the only Revolver I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee
    That's the only Revolver I want.
    Well you asked...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=215233701

849 No reserved...

19hrs left..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    The other day when XD was shooting his 454 little cannon at the range, I happened to be in the adjacent lane next to him... LOL ... Forget Ear Protection.. I needed anti-vibration protection as I was feeling the shock waves in my chest from the litlle controlled explosion in his cannon..

If this is what you get by standing next to him.. You don't even want to think for a second to be standing infront of him

Banned Forum User
    doesn't the 2.5" barrel defeats the pupose of having large caliber wheel gun?

Quote Originally Posted by pgaplayerless
    doesn't the 2.5" barrel defeats the pupose of having large caliber wheel gun?
    Well that depends on what the POU is...

in this case there are three things ...
    1) Protection in the back wood from bears/cougers (if i go hiking in that area)
    2) Human factor
    3) Just Fun to shoot.

I guess if you were hunting, then yea short barrel would be point less.

I have a 6" raging bull in 454 for personal defense (from predators....not people...calm down ). Even though its heavier weight and fantastic porting make it easy(er) to shoot, I still would rather have this exact pistol. MUCH smoother DA trigger, much more compact, far more robust, and of course, one more round in the cylinder.

I have to ask though, what is the shooting experience really like with this? With my bull, the porting does a very good job of keeping the muzzle down. If you have good control (IE, not a limp wrister) there is almost no climb at all. Though, even with the squishy backstrap, it still feels like youre catching a fast pitched baseball bare handed. This all with the 300 gr hornady. The .45 colt feels like a 9mm auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire
    I have a 6" raging bull in 454 for personal defense (from predators....not people...calm down ). Even though its heavier weight and fantastic porting make it easy(er) to shoot, I still would rather have this exact pistol. MUCH smoother DA trigger, much more compact, far more robust, and of course, one more round in the cylinder.

I have to ask though, what is the shooting experience really like with this? With my bull, the porting does a very good job of keeping the muzzle down. If you have good control (IE, not a limp wrister) there is almost no climb at all. Though, even with the squishy backstrap, it still feels like youre catching a fast pitched baseball bare handed. This all with the 300 gr hornady. The .45 colt feels like a 9mm auto.

your more than welcome to shoot it.. just by some ammo. or bring some.

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal
    Well you asked...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=215233701

849 No reserved...

19hrs left..
    I gotta buy my FN first. I will have it before the bear hunt this year though. You never know when you'll come across a wild and rabid squirrel? can you imagine the poof?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast