Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee
    I gotta buy my FN first. I will have it before the bear hunt this year though. You never know when you'll come across a wild and rabid squirrel? can you imagine the poof?
    Look something like this :blow: HAHA!! Too funny...

FN nice... Well i can tell you the 454 is hard to find at the moment, The 44mag is avaible at cabelas,But being at the same price as 454 it kinda no brainer not to get the 454..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I miss my Alaskan.

Quote Originally Posted by pgaplayerless
    doesn't the 2.5" barrel defeats the pupose of having large caliber wheel gun?
    Not really.

I have a 460 S&W Mag with a 2 3/4" barrel. With a 300gr bullet it will punch right through a 1/4" steel plate and leave a .60 cal hole!
    I shot a 454 at the same plate and it hardly left a dent.

I think my 460 would put down any critter that walks this earth within 100yds.
    Hitting that critter is a whole different story.

FYI: I did not buy mine to hunt.

I have some 535gr rounds that I load for this thing. It is like a 12ga slug in a pistol.

BTW: NICE Gun
    I want one too! I already load 454 and 45Lc for my 460 so it would share ammo.

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by donald150
    Not really.

I have a 460 S&W Mag with a 2 3/4" barrel. With a 300gr bullet it will punch right through a 1/4" steel plate and leave a .60 cal hole!
    I shot a 454 at the same plate and it hardly left a dent.

I think my 460 would put down any critter that walks this earth within 100yds.
    Hitting that critter is a whole different story.

FYI: I did not buy mine to hunt.

I have some 535gr rounds that I load for this thing. It is like a 12ga slug in a pistol.

BTW: NICE Gun
    I want one too! I already load 454 and 45Lc for my 460 so it would share ammo.

Well of course different round is going to perform differently.

But having large caliber in a super short barrel means a whole bunch of unburned powder is just getting shot out the barrel adding nothing to the performance of the round so one might be just better off buying smaller caliber that achieves almost complete burn in the barrel it is suppose to shoot out of.

Well of course different round is going to perform differently.

But having large caliber in a super short barrel means a whole bunch of unburned powder is just getting shot out the barrel adding nothing to the performance of the round so one might be just better off buying smaller caliber that achieves almost complete burn in the barrel it is suppose to shoot out of.
    I understand the issue of unburnt powder.
    However by your logic, I should be able to get a longer barrel smaller caliber revolver to perform as well as my short barrel 460.

I don't believe such a gun even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal

FN nice... Well i can tell you the 454 is hard to find at the moment, The 44mag is avaible at cabelas,But being at the same price as 454 it kinda no brainer not to get the 454..

Did you ask if they had one in the back? We had some about a week ago. Cabelas has quite a bit more hidden in the back than whats on display. Not just different calibers, but totally different models.

I am a Forum User
    doesn't the 2.5" barrel defeats the pupose of having large caliber wheel gun?
    Not at all. Mine is sub 2" at 25yds.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal

Yeah, but ammo is WAY more than .44mag. Easier to reload with 454 casings almost non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneyD
    Yeah, but ammo is WAY more than .44mag. Easier to reload with 454 casings almost non-existent.

Cabelas has 50 round boxes of factory new 454 for $50.

(at least they did the last time I bought ammo there. Bulk FTW)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire
    Cabelas has 50 round boxes of factory new 454 for $50.

(at least they did the last time I bought ammo there. Bulk FTW)
    Who wants to spend $1 a shot? Reloading comes to mind now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast