Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    I am a Forum User
    Very sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger
    I already knew this and wanted to step up and set a location and date. Due to me crashing my bike and braking my ankle I (luckly) did not set a time and date.

Once im back on 2 wheels I'll step up.
    Hope you will be OK.

Were you wearing boots? As a biking newbie, I'm wondering what would help better protect the ankles or feet and what could be done differently.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CnA
    Hope you will be OK.

Were you wearing boots? As a biking newbie, I'm wondering what would help better protect the ankles or feet and what could be done differently.
    I was wearing work boots. If I had not I think I wouldve been hurt significantly worse. I said to myself "maybe if I was wearing riding boots I wouldnt have a broken ankle." Thats hard to quantify with as hard as I came down on it. I had jeans, leather jacket, leather gloves and a full face helmet on also. The jacket jeans and gloves saved me from rash, the windscreen got ripped off the helmet and I got a face full of dirt and grass.

Watch the curves on open roads is my best piece of advice. I was going way to fast and hit rocks in the road. If I were going slower I still would've put the bike down BUT the wreckage would not have been as bad.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger
    I said to myself "maybe if I was wearing riding boots I wouldnt have a broken ankle.
    Probably not...boots for the road usually protect your ankle from being scraped off between the pavement and the bike IMHO.

My MX boots give much more support/protection around the ankle then my road boot, but are not very practical on the road in summer. I should say a good quality pair of MX boots. I should also mention that I've never tried on a pair of road racing boots.

I am a Forum User
    Since there are so many bike people here....Anyone have a static wheel balancer I could borrow for about 10 minutes????. I'm trying to save some money.

MGO Member
    Any McBikers out there? Ronald McDonald Polker run out of Waterford Michigan. Be there or be square.
    http://directory.detroit.cbslocal.co...-Charity-Event

I am a Forum User

Axemen M/C Hotter Than Hell Ride

I'll be attending the Axemen's Hotter Than Hell Ride today

anyone looking for a good time for a great cause look here

..... if you go look for the black Vrods, I'm the one with a bottle of Nitrous hanging off the frame

I am a Forum User

Bike Night

weather seems perfect for a bike night....

I'll be getting to Scoreboards (18713 Van Born, Allen Park) between 7:15/7:45, kickstands up at 8 to ride down to Headliners (4500 N. Detroit Ave, Toledo)

This is a fun time, I go a couple times each summer.... all invited

from their website...

The Regions Biggest In-Door Bike Night!
    Doors At: 6:00
    Description:
    Get your motors running and head on out to Headliners for the Regions Biggest Bike Night! Every Wednesday Headliners opens the doors to the Main Room for the regions only in-door Bike night! Join 800 - 1500 of your closest friends at Headliners every Wednesday for BIKE NIGHT!

more info here

Banned
    Doing another this year?

I am a Forum User
    Wow... 7 year necro-post.... perhaps the oldest I've seen! When I saw this, I was hoping it was about bicycles... lol

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718