Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member Forum User

Century Polish M1960 Milled AK47

Purchased from J&G Sales for $589 plus $20 shipping. The fit and finish on this rifle is very nice, the metal is parkerized. Cycling the bolt is very smooth. Tapco G2 double hook trigger group. Accuracy was more than I expected. The only thing I didn't like was the wood furniture and the lack of a cleaning rod, so I refinished the wood with Birchwood Casey stain and Tru-oil and bought a cleaning rod at a gun show. Also, the one steel 30rd mag that came with this is hard to get in and out, but all the other steel mags that I already had for some reason are no problem. I've only taken the rifle to the range once and put 30 rounds of FMJ Golden Tiger through it, no malfunctions. The front sight is slightly canted to the right, but I didn't make any adjustments to the post. I wish this would've come with a chrome lined bore, it is heavy at 8.5lbs, and the serial numbers on the parts don't match, but overall I really like it.

I am a Forum User

Nice work!

Nice work on that stock!!

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by azasadny
    Nice work on that stock!!
    Thanks. You should've seen what the wood looked like before I did the refinishing, it looked bad. I should've taken before pics. I like using the Birchwood Casey products, they're easy to use and work well. I also stripped the wood first with Zinsser Stripfast Furniture Refinisher, it's not as harsh as some strippers and it was very easy to use. I didn't want to use anything strong because I was concerned the wood laminate layers might separate.

I am a Forum User
    Beautiful! And don't you just love the feel of the milled receiver?
    To me, it's worth the weight.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by vistula
    Beautiful! And don't you just love the feel of the milled receiver?
    To me, it's worth the weight.
    I agree. The action is much smoother than any stamped receiver AK I've handled.