Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9

I am a Forum User

Thanks

Thanks for the review. I've always wondered about these KAHR pistols

Quote Originally Posted by jmacken37
    Another happy PM9 owner. Use mine in a pocket holster. I don't understand why folks put this on a belt when it is such a tiny gun! To each his own.

Jake
    My PM9 does not go in my pocket. It is too big IMO for a pocket and too small for a OWB holster.

I put mine in a IWB Desantis soft holster. It fits perfect, and it I hardly notice it.

It is just a tad too large for pockets I think on most people.

Quote Originally Posted by jmilch
    My PM9 does not go in my pocket. It is too big IMO for a pocket and too small for a OWB holster.

I put mine in a IWB Desantis soft holster. It fits perfect, and it I hardly notice it.

It is just a tad too large for pockets I think on most people.
    Desantis is the way to go in the pocket.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    I love mine....Don Hume IWB holster, very comfortable and absolutely disappears

I am a Forum User
    Okay I thought I would pile on this review- I bought a PM9 about a year ago and have around 600rds through it. It's snappy, but not as bad as the Ruger LCP it replaced! Incredibly long trigger pull, but after several hours with my dremal tool, polishing compound on every single bearing surface related to the trigger, It's now nice a smooth... although still long and somewhat heavy.

Accuracy is great!

I picked up two mitch rosen holsters, one on the belt and one inside the waist line; both are perfectly fit! Sold straight through Kahr.

Although I have not yet fired one, the CM9 is supposed to be essentially a no-frills PM9. Less milling done, some potted metal parts that are not really high stress parts. Might be worth looking at since it's on avg $200-$250 cheaper!

I have a couple of dozen pair of these pants:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...z_l=DirectLoad

The front pockets are "bellows" type and easily hold my M&P compact in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and you'd never know it's there. Very easy and fast to draw from too.

MGO Member

New Kahr PM9

My new Kahr PM9 2 tone
    bought from Grabagun.com
    $700 with crimson trace laser, 1 6rd & 1 7rd ext. mag.
    + $30 xfer fee. $730 OTD

At the range 2/1/13 shot about 70rds no problems at all. A lot more snappy than my H&K P30L but 1/2 the weight & size. Like the little thing just can't get used to the dot-bar sights my 50ish old eyes? At 7-10yrds did ok not great but hay first time out with it. Now need ammo-time-money.
    Last edited by gpodhk; 02-26-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Add info & pic.

MGO Member
    Need help spending my money what holsters to buy for PM9 IWB & OSWB. Also what sight to change to from the stock Bar-Dot thinking XS-Sights small dot type. Please reply. Sorry posted in wrong area.
    Last edited by gpodhk; 02-26-2013 at 04:44 PM.

MGO Member

200rds

Finished the 200rd warm up on Kahr PM9 with 115gr cheep Federal ammo.
    NO problems at all with gun I know some say use 124gr but had to use what I have. Only problem was I keep hitting to the right of were I thought I was aiming. I have the crimson trace LG-437 Laserguard on the pistol but just could not get the correct hold with one finger on the laser button (larger grip size) & other on the grip so fingers are off set about 1/8" maybe that was why I shot right. I took the laser off for a pistol training class this weekend see if I can do better.
    Last edited by gpodhk; 02-26-2013 at 05:46 PM.

I can't post links yet! Forum User

all it takes is get up off your dead butt.

raise one "cheek" a little bit, twist to side a little bit, and front pants pocket access is easy. a spare GUN makes more sense than a spare magazine, so just put a used, $350 LC9 ruger in each front pants pocket, and now you can access a gun with either hand, and you have the TREMENDOUS advanttage of having your hand ON the gun, but nobody sees it yet. total price same as retail for ONE PM9 Kahr. then it's only 1/2 second from being pointed at them. That is enough to make them flee, 80% of the time, just the sight of the gun. no skil in its use at all, really. about 1/2 of the remaining 20% wll flee because of shots that MISS them, too.

well over 80% of the justified civilian shootings happen at 10 ft and less. given that 80% require NO shooting, the total % that you will NEED to get HITS is very , very small. like one time in 50 attackes. so much for all the "skill" and accuracy needed, eh? good thing, too, cause theer aint 1000 guys in the US that have the needed level of skill. it takes way too much time, effort, money and dedication to be that skilled and aware.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast