Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Teacher
    Do not have the Saiga yet.
    Step 1: get the rifle
    Step 2: shoot said rifle and see how reliable and accurate it is to begin with
    Step 3: Report results and ask your question again

There are going to be to many variables with a saiga to chalk talk before you have actually seen how the gun preforms. You could get it out of the box, assemble all of your components and shoot 1 1/2" at 100yds with good ammo. If that is the case, awesome...you got a good shooter out of the box. -OR- you could get a vodka special and shoot 6" groups at 100yds.

After having worked on saigas you can look at them and see variances in manufacturing between two of the same caliber rifles. That doesn't mean they won't shoot MOPP (minuet of pie plate) at 100yds, but when start talking about "accuracy" you are going to see how well your specific saiga will shoot.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    I had one in .308 a while back. I sold it because I didn't want to make all the changes I'd want to make it acceptable. But the main thing to me was that at the time, all you could get was 8-round mags and they were polymer. People were modifying Galil .308 mags for the Saiga, IIRC.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    Changing platforms Saiga is out. Looking at http://www.nelsontactical.com/produc...ku96bdqda55fq7
    DPMS .308 Bull 24"
    DPMS: RFLR-308

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Teacher
    Changing platforms Saiga is out. Looking at http://www.nelsontactical.com/produc...ku96bdqda55fq7
    DPMS .308 Bull 24"
    DPMS: RFLR-308
    Stick a good glass on it, and you`ll be good to go. Uncle Sam likes this one

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/prod...5-front-focal/
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12