Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Teacher
    With a pistol anyone under 18 needs to be at a designated range [not backyard] with a parent present and owner of the pistol present.
    I don't see the term 'designated range' defined in the section at issue, so i wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that backyards are per se a no-go.

I am a Forum User

Shooting others guns

is one of the benefits of going to the range, 95% of people at the range are happy to let you try out their guns. Even better when there are kids there and they shoot different guns for the first time and you watch them smile.

Account Closed

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by badmax18
    Hey guys -

Yeah, I'm a noob so this is probably a stupid question. I have been searching on the MSP site but not yet successful. I'm wondering if there is a law in the state of MI that would prohibit my wife or friends of mine shooting my guns when we are at the range with me being there?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ollie
    If you're talking about a range on your property, there could be some insurance/liability issues if someone gets hurt, or a stray round hits an unintended target.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Michigan
    We are all waiting for spaceoddity to tell us more about his experience with the m/l & the vans & the helicopter, charges filed, and outcome.
    sounds kinda Troll-O-matic to me...

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckndoemi
    is one of the benefits of going to the range, 95% of people at the range are happy to let you try out their guns. Even better when there are kids there and they shoot different guns for the first time and you watch them smile.
    agreed.

I am a Forum User
    Was the helicopter black also.
    Damn. You beat me to it.

What color was the helicoptor?

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    With a pistol anyone under 18 needs to be at a designated range [not backyard] with a parent present and owner of the pistol present.
    Baloney

I know this is an ancient thread, but this issue has come up with someone that is MR KNOW-IT-ALL. He say that anyone under 18 is not allowed to even handle a pistol. He says the law has changed since the recent shooting events of kids using guns to commit mayhem.

Mentioned that I routinely let me Grandkids shoot any of my guns when we're Up North on my property. Did I miss something recently or is this guy full of it?
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Nothing has changed.

I can go find the laws if you wish.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I thought as much. Better to be safe...…..
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast