Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I'm sensitive about people firing my weapon. Personal preference. My wife wanted to hit the range so we went out and purchased her one. I dont have a precise argument for or against. It's just a superstition thing I guess. More a neurotic choice lol

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryfricker View Post
    I'm sensitive about people firing my weapon. Personal preference. My wife wanted to hit the range so we went out and purchased her one. I dont have a precise argument for or against. It's just a superstition thing I guess. More a neurotic choice lol
    She can bear your children but you won't let your wife shoot your guns? Yikes. LOL.

MGO Member
    If they seem responsible, will be where you can watch them and are not felons or prohibited persons, go for it.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    I have a simple one page waiver I have anyone outside of the people who live in my home sign. Nothing nefarious but a cya. I even have family who don't live with me sign it. Not because I don't trust them...sorry to say I don't trust ambulance chasing lawyers.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Teacher View Post
    With a pistol anyone under 18 needs to be at a designated range [not backyard] with a parent present and owner of the pistol present.
    Not disputing your statement but can you point to the MCL where this is called out?

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelk View Post
    Not disputing your statement but can you point to the MCL where this is called out?
    Pretty sure that's not going to happen the dipsticks last post was 05-04-2012

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    She can bear your children but you won't let your wife shoot your guns? Yikes. LOL.
    Really.
    My wife has purchased more guns than I have. She only uses her sig, but really likes shooting my Glock 17. More power to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelk View Post
    That is a very poor interpretation of 28.422(12)

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Safety Training at Home

Saginaw News June 6,2020 Link

Man charged in shooting that injured woman while teaching her how to use gun..

By Cole Waterman | Cole_Waterman@mlive.com

SAGINAW, MI — A Midland man is facing a criminal charge after he was accused of shooting his cousin while teaching her how to use a gun.

Around 4:15 p.m. on Feb. 23, Saginaw County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a shooting at residence in the 1900 block of Brady Road in Chapin Township near Chesaning. They determined Joshua R. Moore, 47, had been teaching his 25-year-old female cousin how to shoot a handgun, specifically a .40-caliber.

The gun jammed and Moore tried fixing it, at which point it went off. The projectile struck Moore in his left hand. Four pieces of shrapnel then struck his cousin in her stomach area, deputies said.

The wounded woman told deputies she believed the incident was an accident, saying she knew Moore would not intentionally shoot her, said Saginaw County Undersheriff Mike Gomez. A 23-year-old man who was also present was not injured.

Both Moore and his cousin were taken to an area hospital for treatment.

Authorities on May 27 issued a warrant for Moore’s arrest. Deputies arrested him on Wednesday, June 3.

The next morning, Moore appeared before Saginaw County District Judge Elian E.H. Fichtner via Zoom from the Saginaw County Jail for arraignment on one count of careless discharge of a firearm causing injury or death. The charge is a misdemeanor, though it can be punished by up to two years in prison or one year in jail.

Fichtner released Moore on a personal recognizance bond. A condition of his bond is that he not own or possess any firearms.

Moore’s next court date is pending.

Related:

2 wounded when jammed gun fires during safety training lesson near Chesaning

I am a Forum User
    Cousin said, "I believe it was an accident..."

Well, if it wasn't an accident, shooting someone through your own hand is certainly an unconventional way to injure someone. Saginaw county is nuts for pursuing this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast