Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Web sling keepers

While I just got confirmation from Appleseed that my slings have finally been shipped, I do have several pieces of 1.25" web sling material that would make serviceable slings if I had keepers for them.

Do any of you Appleseed/shooting gurus know a source for just the metal keepers in the Detroit metro area? I would like to buy three of them. I checked online as well to no avail.

I called a couple of the military surplus stores in the area and they don't have a clue of what I am talking about.

I am a Forum User
    If you can't find them at brownells or Midway. I'd say there's a good chance you won't find them.

I am not sure what you mean by "keeper".

Here are a couple of suppliers that the club uses:

Creedmoor Sports
    and
    Championship Shooters Supply

Here is the Turner sling keeper that Championship has: KEEPER

There are also quick connect hooks and swivels. There are also some simple loop type keepers on some of the pages.

If you are trying to get set up for the Lapeer Appleseed in March, all you have to do is pm the right guy. He has keys to the Smallbore lockers there and can make a loan of some equipment for that event.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Tribar adjuster?

MGO Member
    I guess it is called the adjuster. The thing circled in red...

Do an internet search for either "cam buckle" or "jam lever buckle". Then pick one that fits your needs. That piece in your picture serves the same purpose as the Turner Keeper that posted above.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

If You Ordered from Appleseed the Sling should be Complete and ready to use with the Exception of the 1 1/4 Swivels.

I'll be there with 2 Slings if a Loaner is Needed, and I Think 'burbs and other Instructors will have some too.

MGO Member
    When my Appleseed slings get here I will have more than enough slings. In the mean time I took one off my M1A that I have been practicing with. Took it to the range the other day and it was darn handy and really improve shooting. I've used a hasty sling before, but never a loop sling.

My point of asking was that I have some web straps that with the addition of that keeper buckle thing would give me some extras for other rifles and perhaps loaners. Just thought I would pick up a extra couple of the buckles.

I really appreciate everyone's offers to help. Sorry if I sound like newbie pest.

Ahh, I Gotcha.

Don't Worry about Being a "Newbie Pest".... Superheat can tell You how many times I asked Him 'Newbie Stuff' LOL

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    We sent an order of the M1 Webslings to our local Appleseed Project here in MN. Fantastic folks and I'm planning on bringing my kids to one of the local events.