Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Grip Force Adaptor - The most valuable after market add on piece to any Glock

Before I ordered the Grip Force Adaptor for my Glock, I hesitated for a while. In the advertisement literature, it is highlighted that the Grip Force Adaptor changes the Glock Grip angle to a 1911 style. That was an enough reason for me to hesitate ordering one because I was at ease with my Glock grip angle. I became so used to it (by virtue of training) that I somehow don’t want to go all over again with a new grip angle and train again. However, that Beaver tail option was constantly calling my name and reminding me that I badly need it as my big fat hand get rail tracks every time I am tempted to have a high grip on my Glock for better controllability. Eventually, I gave it a shot and ordered one from the designer website: http://shop.gripforceproducts.com

I received my grip force adapter this past Saturday on 3/19/2011.. I installed it that evening on a G22 and WOW.. What a difference.. I was extremely satisfied and could notice the difference in my wrist enhanced stabilization by just pointing and dry firing that I decided to order another one for my Glock 17. The next day Sunday morning I went to the range and put 100 rds thru my G22 with the Grip Force adaptor. The intention was to test some of my reloads and at the same time to test the Grip Force adaptor. Later in the day, I shot a steel plate practice match, and my performance was better than any other time.

This is by far the most valuable after market add on piece to any Glock.. The company that designed and manufactured it did an excellent job on the design, the fit and finish and the quality.. They really had it all right.

Here are some observation points on the function of the GFA as I have concluded from pointing and dry firing as well as from shooting 100 rounds during my reloads testing and the steel plate practice. I am not an expert by any means, just an enthusiast shooter, and I occasionally shoot IDPA as well:

1) The effect of the GFA on the Glock grip angle is minimal and marginal.. This is important to highlight for Glock fans who are big on the Glock Tactical grip angle.. As a matter of fact, I was hesitant at the beginning to try it out because of this very advertised point. The GFA in all practical sense does not change the Glock grip angle, and this is a very positive point indeed.

2) The GFA balances out the curved shape of the back grip surface providing more material to enhance the contact with the web of the hand thus allowing for more control of the grip and more wrist stabilization.. This enhanced contact mechanism balances the forces exerted by the holding fingers of the strong hand and the back of the palm in a fore-after fashion. Such balance in the palm and holding fingers muscles allow the index finger to work freely and control the trigger in the most correct motion… Again this is my personal interpretation. I might be using the wrong terminology, but it just feels right and that your wrist is like concrete.

3) The beaver tail plays three roles: a) First it acts as a reference point for consistent grip and draw (indexing), b) Second, it allows the shooter to hold the grip at the highest point possible (i.e. as close as possible to the bore axis) thus minimizing any overturning moment for better muzzle flip control without the hazard of slide tracks on the web of the holding hand; and c) the beaver tail acts as a small cantilever beam (overhang) transferring passive pressure from the hand web to stabilize and control the gun in-plane rotation for additional muzzle flip control.

These are my personal observations.. And I have the record to prove it.. I shot a steel plate practice match on Sunday, and this was only the first time ever using the GFA, and my score was better by one second (Average time dropped from 5.5 s to 4.53 s).. that is almost a 20% improvement in performance. That front sight was almost in the same place with minimal vertical movement every time I fired a round making subsequent shots and target acquisition faster and easier to follow...

I really felt that such a genuine design deserves an honest review.

----------------------------------------------- edited for adding extra video links on installation -------------------
    Here is an update to some links on the manufacturer website for installation

GEN 123 Glocks using regular installation: :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU9fQQQwmyw

GEN 4 Glocks using regular installation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFlTj0Uk5g

Special (Semi permanent) installation - Personally I found that this is not necessary since the regular pin installation is robust and reliable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8N1vvqIuwY

------------- Edited to add pictures as requested by Batman --------------------
    Here you go.. Help these pictures help:

Last edited by JimSig; 03-26-2011 at 10:48 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Very informative and very well written.
    Thank You!

Great review! For 27 bucks it might be worth checking out. Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Very nice write up

I am a Forum User
    i've been thinking of giving one of these a try to improve my grip. may have to give it a try now.

Account Closed Forum User
    I would imagine that this GFA will put the aftermarket beavertail service industry on notice

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23
    i've been thinking of giving one of these a try to improve my grip. may have to give it a try now.
    Definitely recommended.. you won't regret it..

I am a Forum User
    Good writeup.

I tried one as well after reading the last thread on them. I was waiting to get more range time with it before I wrote something up and you beat me to it.

I installed mine on a G19 and have no complaints. Once mounted it seems very solid (I did not use any additional adhesive).

I know it's not for everyone but I would definitely recommend it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE
    I would imagine that this GFA will put the aftermarket beavertail service industry on notice
    It is an open market.. And may the best product win ..

Seriously, this product was really thought, planned and very well executed. It is definitely worth to give it a try..

I am a Forum User
    One hour and thrity eight minutes from Camp Perry.
    Do you have to buy the glue seperate? Do you have to buy their glue? What else would work?

Great Review!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast