Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Thanks for posting afonz. I purchased a Bodyguard 380 recently with the same issue you described. I sent S&W an email today and I'm hoping they can repair or replace my slide like they did for you. In the future I will be more closely inspecting any firearm I purchase.

MGO Member
    No problem Pingeagle. I too will be inspecting my firearms more closely before taking delivery. I just refused delivery on a Springfield xds for having scratches and part of the logo on the slide didn't even have a finish on it. This was right out of the box. Scratches and nicks are gonna happen, but I'm going to be the one putting them there. Good luck with SW, any questions about it, let me know.

I almost bought a used airweight until a relative in PA told me about his experience with a barely used airweight he bought and S&W refused to warranty a mis-cut forcing cone because he bought it used. I even called S&W and asked their policy on warranty w/o mentioning used vs. new and they verified it.

(And another reason I passed on the airweight is this -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_16/13...ked_frame.html

I know there are "a million that have had no problems" ( YET? ) and that "every mfg has one or two slip thru the cracks sometime" but I would not take a modern airweight as a gift.

YMMV
    Last edited by PeeDee; 06-14-2013 at 04:08 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I haven't used S&W repair center for many years mostly because I'm not competing anymore and the guns don't wear so much when you aren't shooting them . My model twenty-nine I bought new in 1985 , many thousands of rounds later it was leading more than it should so I sent it in . It came back with a new barrel and cylinder and poor blue job but shot good .

Many more thousands of rounds the trigger pivot pin broke , sent it in and they billed me for the replacement and the poor blue job . Still the gun shot great so I kept on . Yet more thousands of rounds later leading was back again so I returned it . It got a new barrel and a perfect blue finish on it and shot better than anytime in the past . Though it always did shoot really well .

I never did figure them out though , I shot it a lot in compitition and practice wearing out two barrels and cylinders . They replaced those but when the trigger pivot pin snapped they billed me for it . I still can't figure out how that broke .

A 686 I bought new had a problem with the clyinder staying on the crane so I sent that back . Not only did they fix it but they smoothed up the trigger and it is the smoothest double action I have .

I'm overall pretty happy with their repair work though the last time I used their service was ten or fifteen years ago .

Jack

Account Closed Forum User
    OP, sounds like S&W has taken a page out of Ruger's customer service manual. Glad that they came through for you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123