Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Reviving SCCC @ Oakland University. A call to action

To all that attend Oakland University specifically and to all others reading with interest.

With recent news of the Chapter of Student for Concealed Carry on Campus being shutdown at Oakland University, I have decided to revive the efforts and reopen the Chapter at Oakland University. I know the road to success will be hard, and there is sure to be resistance along the way, but if you have a heart for our cause, I call on you to act upon it. We all have a part to play in furthering the efforts of our predecessors and this is mine, I really do believe.

I am seeking like-minded individuals, which I know most of you are, who believe that this is the time to see the end of this ridiculous law. I, like many of us on MGO, truely believe that it is our RIGHT and not a privelege to wield our weapons with trained hands and focused minds, it should be so everywhere, but we must win battles one at a time and this is ours. I ask that you join me in this small part and with the guidance of other successful chapters in this region, and the guidance of the organization as a whole, we can put this chapter on the map and be champions to our cause.

Regardless of when you are reading this, may it be minutes of me writing it, or months later, the meaning still remains...together, you and I, we can right a wrong that has gone on for far too long.

To reach me regarding this, you can PM me or Email me @ bwhaas@oakland.edu

I am a Forum User
    I have received some good emails. Lets keep them coming, I will have an idea of an opening day round-table in a week or two. Lets get through finals and get ready for next semester.

I am a Forum User
    Just curious: Has this gone anywhere?

I think it's Senate Bill 0058 and House Bill 4009.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rjrivero
    Just curious: Has this gone anywhere?

I think it's Senate Bill 0058 and House Bill 4009.
    4009 and 4010 are being lobbied right now. There is a thread regarding exactly that in the legislative forums of this website.

Check it out, everyone is weighing in.

MGO Member
    I am currently attending OU, and I think that it would be great to get involved with something like this

MGO Member
    I originally started SCC at OU a few years ago. We had some immediate, but short lived, success. After the first semester, interest in the organization kind of died and I was forced to disband the organization. Since then, efforts to revive it have been unsuccessful.

That being said, I am very interested in getting this organization up and running for the 2012-2013 school year. If anyone one is interested in helping out, please shoot me an email jolamkin@oakland.edu. We need 4 people willing to put in a little time and effort to get this going.