Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Fact: 94% of law enforcement officials believe that citizens should be able to purchase firearms for self-defense and sporting purposes. (17th Annual National Survey of Police Chiefs & Sheriffs, National Association of Chiefs of Police, 2005)

Fact: The courts have consistently ruled that the police do not have an obligation to protect individuals. In Warren v. District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App. 1981), the court stated: `... courts have without exception concluded that when a municipality or other governmental entity undertakes to furnish police services, it assumes a duty only to the public at large and not to individual members of the community.' Well, except for politicians whom receive taxpayer- financed bodyguards.

Fact: 95% of the time police arrive too late to prevent a crime or arrest the suspect. ("This is 911 ... please hold", Witkin, Gordon, Guttman, Monika and Lenzy, Tracy. U.S. News & World Report, June 17, 199

Fact: People with concealed carry permits are:
    • 5.7 times less likely to be arrested for violent offenses than the general public
    • 13.5 times less likely to be arrested for non-violent offenses than the general public

("An Analysis of the Arrest Rate of Texas Concealed Carry Handgun License Holders as Compared to the Arrest Rate of the Entire Texas Population", William E. Sturdevant, PE, September 11, 1999)

Fact: In Florida, a state that has allowed concealed carry since late 1987, you are twice as likely to be attacked by an alligator as by a person with a concealed carry permit.(Concealed Weapons/Firearms License Statistical Report, Florida Department of State, 1998 – Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, December 199

Fact: 66% of police chiefs believe that citizens carrying concealed firearms reduce rates of violent crime.(National Association of Chiefs of Police, 17th Annual National Survey of Police Chiefs & Sheriffs, 2005)

Fact: About 11% of police shootings kill an innocent person - about 2% of shootings by citizens kill an innocent person. The odds of a defensive gun user killing an innocent person are less than 1 in 26,000.And that is with citizens using guns to prevent crimes almost 2,500,000 times every year. ( Shall Issue: The New Wave of Concealed Handgun Permit Laws, C. Cramer, and D. Kopel, Independence Institute Issue Paper. October 17, 1994)

I am a Forum User
    I'm working on my MA in Ed. at Wayne State right now and hate walking on campus 'naked' .... how long have you been looking for a sponsor?

I am a Forum User
    maybe cross reference the staff names with CPL holders, approach them, ask them if they are concealing on campus, you know they are, most will poobably deny it, first one admitsthey pack heat ask that prof to sponsor the group???

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny HotFoot
    maybe cross reference the staff names with CPL holders, approach them, ask them if they are concealing on campus, you know they are, most will poobably deny it, first one admitsthey pack heat ask that prof to sponsor the group???
    By law, no such list is allowed to be made public.

I am a Forum User
    Well, you're probably wasting your time so, my best advice would be to write her a letter something along the lines of "After speaking with my mom and a bunch of other women, I see you're correct and have decided not to pursue this. Thanks so much for your insight" basically to get her to forget about it. Now that she knows she may try and round people up to support her side of the thing before you get your side organized.

If on the other hand you want to have some fun, you could use her arguments to advocated for censorship on campus. Can she guarantee that someone won't use free speech to spread hatred? Can she guarantee that everyone who's speaking is reasonable and rational? And if someone starts shouting something, someone else shouting will just throw fuel on the fire...etc. etc.

I honestly think though that option A is the better choice. Throw her off the scent some how until you get your ducks in a row.

MGO Member
    ROFL@after speaking with my mom.

that made me giggle.

I think I'll send her some stats listed here and kindly thank her for her time.

to the poster who asked how long Ive been looking for a sponsor, atleast a week now. I have mass emailed the english, econ, criminal justice, and political science departments. All of their staff.

I guess I will move on and try engineering, I tried to make contact with a professor whos actually teaching my project management class and Im on good terms with and he wants to know more info so hopefully thats a step in the right direction.

I hate people like this woman. She probably lives at home with 9 cats, doesnt know how to cook, nor shave her ****ing armpits.

and thats me being polite.

I am a Forum User
    I bet you cannot guarantee that all the Professors on campus are reasonable and interested in the safety of everyone else. I bet you cannot guarantee that they are all mentally stable and not prone to impulsive action. I bet you cannot guarantee that none of them have a history of violence.

I am a Forum User
    Here's what bothers me about this:

If someone is a Liberal and they oppose concealed carry on campus ... fine. I can certainly "agree to disagree" with people.

But when people start making stuff up, and then pass this made up stuff off as "facts", especially when they carry the title "Professor" that's just plain wrong. It borders on academic dishonesty. For instance, she writes:

"Where there are more guns there are more gun deaths, and more deaths in general, since guns are more efficient than other weapons for killing. Every honest study shows that." - Wrong ... completely untrue.

"Every result of every questionnaire to law enforcement personnel I have ever read or heard of shows that those who are professionally engaged in keeping public safety are also very much against the proliferation of firearms." - Again, wrong ... completely untrue.

I don't want to interject myself into your "fight" unless I'm invited ... but as Faculty Advisor to the GVSU Chapter of SCC, I'd be happy to write a reply in support if you'd like me to.
    Last edited by CrimDoc; 04-15-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave
    ROFL
    This Prof is exactly the kind of person I was talking about in our correspondence. They can really find a way to hurt you and your name. Good luck, if you have any further communica with her make sure everything is as clear as possible, civil and submisive. All it takes is a forwarded email out of context and you're out of the school faster than DPG can ramble prepositions.

Do not use key words like gun, shoot or kill. I have been dealing with Profs nearly year round for the last 6 years and all it takes is a keystroke. Remember their agenda works against you and what you stand for.

Sorry to be doom and gloom.

I am a Forum User
    You mighty try to fight her on her own turf. English and Comparative Literature.

Most of our founding fathers favored freedom of arms, and much early American patriotic literature has these freedoms ensconced as virtues of a free people.

Look at the transformation of the English from a "kingdom" to a more individual-centric form of government.

Use her own literature against her.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast