Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear1098
    Alex, watch yourself. These irrational people may find a way to jam you up and throw you out. They will somehow try to connect you to the wacko in Arizona and make your time there hell. I'd stop all conversation with her and move on to someone else they may be more receptive. Good luck in your endeavor, be careful.

JMHO...
    You presented a very good, logical arguement and were met with nothing but Strawmen and Abusive ad hominem in her rebuttal which invalidates her position fully. I gotta agree with Jerbear, move on to someone else. It's not worth losing all the hard earned credits and money spent in obtaining them as well as harming your educational progress because of a deluded, self-rightious and highly uninformed moron. It is frightening indeed to know that there are imbeciles like this so-called professor "educating" (for lack of a better term) the leaders of the future.

MGO Member
    Tango,
    I stopped responding to her emails long ago. I got tired of dealing with an adult that never left childhood.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Well written response...like most others have said, it probably won't do any good but I doubt it can make her opinion any more wrong on the subject...

I was startled when I read her comment "Every result of every questionnaire to law enforcement personnel I have ever read or heard of shows that those who are professionally engaged in keeping public safety are also very much against the proliferation of firearms."

As you pointed out with a couple of references, but I can verify with my many years in the LEO world, very few officers (mostly the higher levels that bow to politicial pressures) are anti-guns or anti-concealed carry...they know they get there after the fact most of the time and know they can't protect people from most violent crime and/or gun violence...

Good luck with your endeavor!!!

I am a Forum User
    I'm going to qualify my comments: I come from a family of hunters, I'm the son of a Marine and my brother is a police officer.

Like it or not, guns just make some people nervous... Both sides of the debate have plenty of stats to back up their position. Both sides adamantly defend the reliability of their quoted/published stats while condemning the bias in any contradicting study. Go figure, huh. There is a lot of money to be made in creating data bits.

You're not gonna change her opinion. Move on.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It only frustrates you and pisses off the pig.

I am a Forum User
    Ask he to go BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA like the good little sheep she is! Eh, better yet, write a thank you letter, forget her and search elsewhere.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpaulding
    Ask her to go BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA like the good little sheep she is!
    Well, I guess that would be better than telling her to squeal like a pig.

But not by much.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Alex,

I am in my Junior Year @ WSU as well. The massive amount of e-mails i receive in my Wayne State e-mail with the title, "Special Crime Alert-Robbery Armed/Unarmed" is almost humorous. It seems as if we receive these e-mails about three times a week.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HernJon
    Alex,

I am in my Junior Year @ WSU as well. The massive amount of e-mails i receive in my Wayne State e-mail with the title, "Special Crime Alert-Robbery Armed/Unarmed" is almost humorous. It seems as if we receive these e-mails about three times a week.

recently these emails are more active than ever

I am a Forum User
    I myself am a college student... but I also have 12 years of military service; this whole college thing is still fairly new to me.

However, in my experience... it is always best to only commit to writing that which you can #1, easily defend; #2, will be understood as you intend it to be written by the VAST majority of potential readers. Also a noteworthy personal rule of mine- pick your fights wisely. As Sun Tuz said; Do not allow your enemy to choose when to fight, or where to fight, for who should make those decisions will surely win. In other words, there is a time and a place to make your arguments and points- these must be carefully selected to ensure your advisory has no recourse. Email is almost never the venue for such actions.

The only way to win this type of fight is in a public forum with VALID statistics, and a crippling amount of them. I would have ignored the first response; you shouldn't have even given her grounds to make an argument. All that does is allow her to get into your head, allow her to know she's under your skin; owns real-estate in your mind. But at this point your best bet would be to simply respond "Thank you for replying and expressing your opinion, but I would consider this conversation to be pointless discourse. Have a nice day."

Teachers are likely the hardest group to convince; their education revolves around certain notions... I'm sure you've noticed this yourself. Her opinions are exactly the ideas most teachers work to push into their students. You could say she is fully indoctrinated. YOU won't be convincing her of anything shy of personally killing her rapist as he's slicing her neck. I suggest you direct your attention to those moldable minds around you; work to counter the bias information they receive from academia.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567