Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HI POINT C9

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf
    Well now I've put from 400-500 rounds through it and now the magazine is causing problems with causeing the gun to jam. (or maybe it's the realy cheap steel case ammo) but anyways the sights are off and it is not accurate. still a good "getting used to a handgun" gun but I am going to get a diffrent "daily" gun once my CPL goes through.
    Must be a pre 1996 if the rear sight is not adjustable. If you want to you can send it back to the factory and they will go through it for free and apply any updates. I would recommend also that you look at the dedicated Hi-Point Forums as they can help you with the feeding issues as there are some simple fixes that can be applied.

yeah the no questions asked warranty service is second to none. for cheap little guns, they arent too bad. its a perfect gun for my fiance or for a guest to shoot when i go to the range. its also heavy, so in the hands of an unskilled shooter, i also tend to notice they shoot better with it than say... my glock 23, or my 1911.

I am a Forum User
    Another thing if you want some 10 rd mags for it cheap I have a couple left from when I had mine.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Just curious - reliable enough to be a car gun (shoots ok but cheap enough that if it gets stolen it is not a major loss)?
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu
    Just curious - reliable enough to be a car gun (shoots ok but cheap enough that if it gets stolen it is not a major loss)?
    I could agree with that.

Just make sure you break it in first. Out of like 3k rounds so far on her C9, we have yet to see a single FTF, and I haven't even broke the gun down to clean it - I just run a brush through the barrel and in the chamber to get what I can.

This is partially to see how it holds up to use, and partially because the company said to just send it in if it ever has an issue and to not worry about it.

We shoot mostly federal ammo fro walmart through ours.

I am a Forum User
    i have a 40cal hi point......shoots great and accurate....

i think its a fun shooting gun for very little money.....

I am a Forum User
    Youtube of some guys trying their best to fail the Hi-point C9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg

I am a Forum User
    there are some good videos on c9's (and what it took to damage the gun is comforting)

I am a Forum User
    ive put about 3000 round down mine with no issuse.i get 5 -6 inch shoot groups at 25 yards with it. The only thing is that it doesnt like to feed steel case ammo. other than that i love it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast