Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Boberg XR9-S Exclusive update.

So I've been on the mailing list for the Boberg XR9 for almost two years now and contacted the CEO asking for pricing about a year ago or so. Today I was sent an email updating the progress on the firearm.

__________________________________________________ _

At some point in time you had expressed an interest in the Boberg XR9 series of pistols. This rare memo is using the pre-order notification list as its source of your e-mail address - please do not reply unless your are no longer interested in the Boberg XR9-S or any other Boberg Arms products. Keep in mind that being on the pre-order notification list is no obligation to you.

If you are still interested, or do not reply to this e-mail, there will be only one more notification sent to you, and that will be the pre-order notification itself, which is expected as early as March 2011.

The Boberg XR9-S has gone through some very important changes since Boberg Arms started in April 2009. The most recent info on this can be found on this blog posting: http://www.bobergarms.com/profiles/b...unched-earlier

It has been a long road in the development of this firearm and this firearm business. At some point I hope everyone will understand that this gun could not, and should not, have come out any sooner.

Thank you for your patience and vigilance!

Sincerely,

Arne B. Boberg
    President
    Boberg Arms Corporation
    http://www.bobergarms.com/

I am a Forum User
    ????
    Let's see, they are on the 10 generation, still not available and they cost $850.
    Oh yeah and this is the list of problems with the 9th generation;
    Generation 9 issues:
    1. Mainspring significantly worn after 1500 rounds - but still better firing pin strikes than a key competitor.
    2. Reduced hammer peening - but not totally solved
    3. Cracked slide rails after 3000 rounds - functional, but not cosmetically acceptable
    4. Cracked frame after 3000 rounds - different area than before, cosmetic - not structural
    5. Reliability much better - probably better than a key competitor, but not what we expected of this gun
    6. Sharp corners on outside of gun I didn't notice before.

Cracked frame and slide rails after 3,000 rounds.
    Wow, I'm really wanting one of these!iss:

I am a Forum User
    They're fixing the problems, which is why they didn't just throw the gun on the market. Every single gun goes through this process. Obviously after working on the design for 7 years, they want to release something that is not garbage. The Gen 9 had a lot of problems what hopefully the Gen 10 will be fixing. If not, then it'll be delayed longer. Truth be told, I've got a lot of faith in this company. I think they'll deliver a decent product at the end here. It may not be ready now, and hey, that's fine with me provided that it IS ready once it hits the market. It seems that's what they're doing, and to me, that's part of what makes a company good.

On another note, having a 9mm that's the same size or smaller than a Ruger LCP?

Yes please.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by malignity
    They're fixing the problems, which is why they didn't just throw the gun on the market. Every single gun goes through this process. Obviously after working on the design for 7 years, they want to release something that is not garbage. The Gen 9 had a lot of problems what hopefully the Gen 10 will be fixing. If not, then it'll be delayed longer. Truth be told, I've got a lot of faith in this company. I think they'll deliver a decent product at the end here. It may not be ready now, and hey, that's fine with me provided that it IS ready once it hits the market. It seems that's what they're doing, and to me, that's part of what makes a company good.

On another note, having a 9mm that's the same size or smaller than a Ruger LCP?

Yes please.
    on the other hand, they have been developing this gun for the better part of this century and still it falls apart after a thousand rounds? how long did it take them to figure that out? i can blow through that in an afternoon.

personally, if they are on gen 9-10 and cant get the gun past 2500rds before catastrophic failure...well...no thanks.

the debut of this gun has been pushed back 2 or 3 times already which means that these problems almost went un-noticed...which must also mean that their testing methods suck.

if they have this many problems breaking in the gun, have they ever gotten past that? what happens at 5000rds? spontanious combustion?

personally i think 850.00 for an unproven, untested gun that has very little buzz will fail like the Cougar did when it was owned by beretta.

Banned Forum User
    If you can't get it right after 10 iterations, it's time to give it up....

I am a Forum User
    @ $850 they can keep it!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by pgaplayerless
    If you can't get it right after 10 iterations, it's time to give it up....
    It took Gaston Glock 17 tries. Where do you think Glock 17 comes from? You guessed it.

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by malignity
    It took Gaston Glock 17 tries. Where do you think Glock 17 comes from? You guessed it.
    Model 17 comes from the fact it was Glock's 17th parent. Had nothing to do with iterations....

Glock had working protypes of the G17 in 3 months....

I am a Forum User
    Huh. So it seems. Apparently I was misinformed. HOWEVER, just because its taken 10 tries, or even a million tries, what matters is the finished product. Guns go through brutal torture testing before being released. I'm sure the Ruger LCP/Kel Tec P-3AT had a similar test and failure rate off the bat. Their results weren't public knowledge likely due to the fact that media sharing then is not what it is today. I'm sure George Kelgren didn't keep a blog to keep the awaiting to inform the public simply because it wasn't widely available then. I'm glad the gun is going through thorough testing before getting put on the market. The bottom line is, is that Boberg wants a quality gun out there which is fairly evident because it hasn't been released yet. If they're going to fetch such a high price, they know their gun has to significantly out perform every other gun in its class, and though its not there YET, its not hard to see that they are diligently working at making that happen. The amount of tries and modifications to the design is irrelevant as long as the end result makes a quality firarm.

I am a Forum User
    at risk of getting my head chewed off, I don't think a micro pocket pistol is the type of gun that will regularly see 5k rounds, but I agree, it should last that long.

at $850, can't they just fix some of the development problems with stronger materials? Ti is just $12 a lb these days. I think they could sell em at $860 in Ti if they could sell them at $850 in Al.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast