Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    One hour and thrity eight minutes from Camp Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knimrod
    ..and you have about $12,000.00 burning a hole in your pocket.
    That's a cheap price. Most sources now are 3 to 5 thousand more.

I have shot full auto guns (Thompson, M-16, Uzzie and a FAL). Firing in full auto mode is expensive, in accurate and highly over rated (IMHO). You would never use one in a self defense situation (unless Alkida is invading with thousands). You know the old saying that it's the journey not the destination? Well that is totally true when it comes to full auto guns. After you shoot em you look at em and think [man for that kind of money I could have had __________!]. The dream is gone and then you sell them. MTC

I have to agree, Batman.
    This is much adieu about nothin'.
    The only reason I can see to own one is as an investment. Prices have been rising steadily and will continue at an increased rate.

nahhh..it's kinda like buying a V8 instead of a 4 cylinder....it's there if ya need it!

I am a Forum User
    One hour and thrity eight minutes from Camp Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken P
    nahhh..it's kinda like buying a V8 instead of a 4 cylinder....it's there if ya need it!

All kidding aside...if you need it your in the wrong place to begin with. I'd rather buy a great tricked out semi-auto EBG with plenty of ammo then spend the remaining thousands on a bug out place (cabin up north) stocked with rations. When the SHTF the only problem would be getting there.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    You know the old saying that it's the journey not the destination? Well that is totally true when it comes to full auto guns. After you shoot em you look at em and think [man for that kind of money I could have had __________!].
    I speak as someone who has shot several different machine guns including M16, MP5, HK51, American 180, MP40, M-60, Thompson, 1919, M2 carbine, S&W 76, Madsen, Riesings, M249 SAW, AR18, and a few more. I currently own a couple full autos and plan on adding another to the mix just as soon as the A.G. opinion has been soilidified with the ATF.

There a few of us out there that just plain love going full tilt boogie with a buzz gun. Spend a day or two with a few hundred like minded folks, shredding stuff like appliances and cars, and you might see that there is a bit more to it than just a journey. It is a heap of fun.

Its not really much different than the guy who buys an expensive boat or a corvette...........we just like something a little different.

I am a Forum User
    Dave, what the heck is an M2 Carbine? Did you mean M1 Carbine or did somebody actually try to cut down an M2?

I am a Forum User
    Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
    The M2 Carbine was the select fire version of the M1 Carbine.
    It is what the 30 round M1/M2 Carbine mag was made for.
    They were used in the Korean war.

I am a Forum User
    That's weird. I wouldn't think that two weapons that are so different would share the same designation.

Learn something new every day...

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing2000
    That's weird. I wouldn't think that two weapons that are so different would share the same designation.

Learn something new every day...
    You mean like the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine or M1 Abrams?
    A former contributing member.

...or the M1A1 120mm anti-aircraft gun, M1A1 Thompson submachine gun, M1A1 flamethrower, and the M1A1 spotting charge.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast