Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider03m
    People and their love for tac vest
    Mine didn't cost me anything, I traded an unused video game system for it. I figure if I were to sell the video game system, I'd get maybe $150 for it. The Level III body armor, with everything on the carrier, would fetch more than double that. I didn't get it to be "tacticool", just because it popped up, I could possibly make money on it in the future, and I wasn't using the item I traded for it.

I still don't see why everyone is so against them, I wore one all the time when I was in the Army. . . I thought it made me look like a BAMF, especially with the full-auto M249 at the low ready and the M9 on my thigh. . . lol

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis
    For civilians there are three reasons to buy one:

1) You intend to use it during a SHTF scenario.
    Pros- Lots of fighting gear available to you. Potentially armor in it as well. If I know I'm going to be in a gunfight, armor is right behind "rifle" in my lists of wants.
    Cons- Slow to put on, makes you stand out (could be good or bad). Many people have a fantasy of suiting up and taking to the streets dropping tangos at every street corner. History shows us it happens a bit differently than that...

2) You want to take a training class that requires it
    Many people think they need one for a rifle class, which isn't always true.
    Some classes (shoot house classes mostly) require armor.

3) You want one because you think they are cool
    This is what most people buy them for.
    I bought mine for the above reasons + I got it on sale when Osama got domed.

I am a Forum User
    I have one but it is not a plate carrier, I wear concealable armor when I need too. I mainly bought it because I'm the "better to have it and not need it" kind of guy. It works great for hunting, hiking and deep woods camping. The MOLLE system lets me configure it how ever I need it and my favorite part when hunting is the hydration system.

I am a Forum User
    I bought a drop leg mag holder for AR Mags that has worked far better than any tactical vest I've attempted to use. There's a guy on FalFiles and AR15.com that makes some great mag carrier chest rigs though. I bought one, but found when I go prone they dig into my ribs.

I am a Forum User
    Do I need a tactical vest?
    Probably not. I wonder how many people own a “tactical vest” yet do not even carry a firearm(s) whenever and wherever possible. I believe most people should focus more on everyday carry of a handgun than on all the tactical whizbang crap. I would rather have Tom Fineis wearing shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, flip flops, and a stock G19 with 1 spare mag stand beside me in a bad situation than some tard all geared up in a bunch of “tactical crap” with a full auto M4 and mags pouched everywhere.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bsf
    Probably not. I wonder how many people own a “tactical vest” yet do not even carry a firearm(s) whenever and wherever possible. I believe most people should focus more on everyday carry of a handgun than on all the tactical whizbang crap. I would rather have Tom Fineis wearing shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, flip flops, and a stock G19 with 1 spare mag stand beside me in a bad situation than some tard all geared up in a bunch of “tactical crap” with a full auto M4 and mags pouched everywhere.
    hahahahahahahahahhahaha! omg! stop! stop! my sides are killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by bsf
    The funny part is I'm not dressed all that differently as I write this.....swap Hawaiian shirt for RCS polo and you got it..... LOL

I am a Forum User
    look up my thread for my thoughts on people in tacticool vests.

if they are actually using it, training, carrying while training, or in bug out gear then i dont care.
    but when i see there jackwagons walking around wearing it day to day with no gear just empty pouches i want to walk around the counter and smack them upside the head.
    I may get one for when my ak74 shows up as a mag carrier
    or i mag just get one of the mag carrier suspender type things, either way, i will use it and only wear it when using it.

I am a Forum User
    Good thread, I couldnt find a good reason to justify purchasing a tact vest but i bought one anyway. Besides messing around up north i dont have any use for it. but the CDC did just acknowledge the possibility of a Zombie apocalypse and created a plan for it so maybe i will get some good use out of it. lol

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911AO
    Good thread, I couldnt find a good reason to justify purchasing a tact vest but i bought one anyway. Besides messing around up north i dont have any use for it. but the CDC did just acknowledge the possibility of a Zombie apocalypse and created a plan for it so maybe i will get some good use out of it. lol
    I **** you not, I have sold nice quantities of handgun ammo to people who think the CDC was serious about the zombies.

I love the CDC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast