Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabears!
    I **** you not, I have sold nice quantities of handgun ammo to people who think the CDC was serious about the zombies.

I love the CDC
    DARPA probably came up with a Rage or T virus and figured they should have the CDC create a WCS plan and warn people, just to cover their asses when the zombies get loose.
    Last edited by mechredd; 05-25-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    Our founding fathers, in their infinite wisdom, had the foresight to put America on the opposite side of the globe from everyone else.

I thank them for it.

Vests are hot and heavy, which leads to fatigue.

I actually like this idea.
    http://olongapooutfitters.com/index....d&productId=57

Its a grab and go ammo bandoleer that can be converted into a chest harness by swapping straps.
    I haven't used one myself but it seems like a good idea.
    Our founding fathers, in their infinite wisdom, had the foresight to put America on the opposite side of the globe from everyone else.

I thank them for it.

I am a Forum User
    If you want one get one but practice with it. Lying prone with a vest on or better yet a vest with a plate in it is a mofo to shoot with. It changes everything in your geometry of shooting. Having a chest plate sitting under you is like having a phone book underneath you that is trying to ride into your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by HVYMTLMEC
    If you want one get one but practice with it. Lying prone with a vest on or better yet a vest with a plate in it is a mofo to shoot with. It changes everything in your geometry of shooting. Having a chest plate sitting under you is like having a phone book underneath you that is trying to ride into your throat.
    True. I learned to shoot a rifle in the Army, we had to wear our IBA's and ACH's. Add to the helmet the fact that I wear glasses, and the helmet rides forward into the top of my glasses, I can't see a darn thing when shooting like that. The plates didn't bother me much, because like I said, I learned how to shoot like that. Of course, I also learned to shoot a pistol wearing all that crap, that was even worse, but I managed to qualify "Expert" with both.

And about plates causing fatigue, that may be true, but if you train with it, you're better off, and the trade-off is more protection from rifle fire. If you are taking fire, I think you'd rather be hot and tired while better protected than the alternative. . .

I am a Forum User
    Yes you NEED one !

It is the absolute BEST place to pin your CCW badge.

Quote Originally Posted by 06camarodude

And about plates causing fatigue, that may be true, but if you train with it, you're better off, and the trade-off is more protection from rifle fire. If you are taking fire, I think you'd rather be hot and tired while better protected than the alternative. . .
    The OP said nothing about plates. My comment earlier was only in regards to a vest, that most people overload with a lot of ninja/cool guy crap to the point of being heavy and hot.

For the average guy, they make no sense. Better to invest in a battle belt or chest rig and carry the extra stuff in an "active shooter" type bag.
    But that's just my thoughts.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Yes you NEED one !

It is the absolute BEST place to pin your CCW badge.

I am a Forum User

Thumbs up

Replies to this thread have been great. I can't thank y'all enough for your input!

As OP, I must say that I just can't bring myself to drop some bucks on a good vest system.

I need to focus my resources on my stay @ home gear and my 72hr bag out in the garage near the car, full of my family's change of clothes, diapers, tampons, flashlights, etc. To me, that is tactical. I have learned over the past few years that the term 'tactical' is different for each of us.

P.S. I just got the cheap made-in-China UTG vest. It can stay in the packaging for all I care, but IMHO, I'd rather have it and not need it, than......

Heck, I can always trade it for a roll of TP or can of beans, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetplane19
    Replies to this thread have been great. I can't thank y'all enough for your input!

As OP, I must say that I just can't bring myself to drop some bucks on a good vest system.

I need to focus my resources on my stay @ home gear and my 72hr bag out in the garage near the car, full of my family's change of clothes, diapers, tampons, flashlights, etc. To me, that is tactical. I have learned over the past few years that the term 'tactical' is different for each of us.

P.S. I just got the cheap made-in-China UTG vest. It can stay in the packaging for all I care, but IMHO, I'd rather have it and not need it, than......

Heck, I can always trade it for a roll of TP or can of beans, right?
    I think you made the right decision, besides some cargo shorts and a good belt from Meijers can hold all the same crap as a tac vest and look better doing it.

I thank them for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast