Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: U of M?

I am a Forum User

U of M?

Any gun rights groups or shooting clubs at UM? I know I decided to go to one of the most liberal schools in Michigan, but I figured I'd still ask haha

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by claybusterAA12
    Any gun rights groups or shooting clubs at UM? I know I decided to go to one of the most liberal schools in Michigan, but I figured I'd still ask haha
    There used to be a SCCC chapter here but not for a good while.

You're among friends though. There are a couple forum members here that are students, and a couple more who are staff (such as myself).

Welcome.

I am a Forum User
    There are GUN OWNERS IN Ann Arbor??????? (hits the floor) Reviving. I used to train in martial arts in A2 and I have NEVER seen a more anti-gun place then A2. I still go there from time to time to visit friends but I avoid going there too often. Im glad you all are there!!! Keep trying to make them see the light.

I am a Forum User
    FWIW I've open carried in Ann Arbor quite often and rarely have issues (Once in the past two years).

I am a Forum User
    I open carried there ONE time in 08 and that's all it took for me to stop. The 4 officers that stopped to ask what I was doing were very nice and all but I really didn't appreciate the tone or the looks I was getting. All of them were bladed with hands on their weapons. I also had some of the dirtiest looks ever thrown at me. By the way most people acted, you'd think I just defiled their sister or something.

I am a Forum User
    You could try attending a better university...LOL

http://demmercenter.msu.edu/Firearms...7/Default.aspx

I am a Forum User
    Where else but Moo U!!!

I am a Forum User
    I was running the original chapter at UofM.

Then it was taking over by a guy who was more in favor of other groups and never spent time with the SCCC. It eventually fizzled out and we could never find him or anything SCCC at any of the major club events like FestiFall

I am a Forum User
    Well, first welcome to MGO forum..

Second, welcome to Ann Arbor. I am a UofM alumni and I live in Ann Arbor. I shoot at Washtenaw Sportsman Club in Ypsilanti.

I see you are from Saline, I shoot IDPA once a month at TriCounty in Saline. Very nice club as well.

And yes there are gun people in Ann Arbor. I know of three people that I see at the club. Also I recently knew that 2 of my neighbours are gun owners, very comforting.

I am a Forum User
    I've got one neighbor who's a retired cop, and one neighbor who's a cop's son. Both avid shooters.

I've also got about a dozen coworkers with CPLs, all working for the U.

For some reason the computer guys like guns...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast