Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U of M?

I am a Forum User
    UofM Alumnus here as well. I tried my hardest, and met one guy from the UP that liked guns. He ended up becoming one of my best friends. We'd cut class on fridays sometimes to hit Cabelas. Man, I dressed in my fair share of camo too, and you should have seen the looks I got from the student body with my giant NRA sticker on my Laptop. They are few and far between at Michigan. I found more girls into guns than guys.

MGO Member
    Dont feel bad about the looks recieved for OCing.

Back some years ago I accompanied a high school band to 2A for a band event. The band went and did their thing so I went up townfor lunch/shopping. I went into a high end outdoors store uptown. This was just after Bush beat Gore-whatever year that was.

Hanging on the rack were several 'Gore tex' jackets. Of course I had to ask
    "are you going to change the name of those jackets to BUSHtex??"

Wow-I went and had lunch across the street to the Chinese place.

I am a Forum User
    They should be able to carry

Quote Originally Posted by Sefner
    U of M Student and NRA Instructor here. I live right off Main street. There are more of us here than most people in Ann Arbor would care to admit. If they knew it would scare em. I go to Chelsea Rod and Gun; I've had bad luck with Washtenaw the multiple times I've tried to join, but hopefully you'll have better luck. Chelsea is only about 25 minutes from Ann Arbor and it's a huge breath of fresh air from Ann Arbor.

Anyways, don't worry, there will be fellow survivors if the zombie apocolypse hit Ann Arbor.
    I thought it already hit Ann Arbor.

I spend more time there than I would like for work and it looks to be a decent place however, the circus sideshows could easily recruit some people in that town. I believe there are more Obama bumper stickers in AA than any other city (in Michigan) that I have been to lately.

The one I find most funny is the guy that sits on State and Madison with his hot dog cart. Company name.............."Big Dicks Hot Dogs" applied with mailbox letters from Home Depot.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpaulding
    There are GUN OWNERS IN Ann Arbor??????? (hits the floor) Reviving. I used to train in martial arts in A2 and I have NEVER seen a more anti-gun place then A2. I still go there from time to time to visit friends but I avoid going there too often. Im glad you all are there!!! Keep trying to make them see the light.

i am born and raised in ann arbor and i can tell you there use to be a fine hand crafted shot gun place and there was a ROTC range where i got my first experiences with proper marksmanship. Now there is nothing the closes range is half an hour and i try to get out there but it is a hard town to be an admitted owner, the CPL was a truly a pain in the as but after the 3 month! it finely came through, i know that i am not alone though due to the number of staff for ann arbor and their hour (longer then everyone around them)

MGO Member Forum User
    I work at the U and shoot at the moose club, among other places in MI. Please enjoy your sport and dont worry what A2 thinks. There are great people here that love to shoot and hunt. Have fun

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo
    I've got one neighbor who's a retired cop, and one neighbor who's a cop's son. Both avid shooters.

I've also got about a dozen coworkers with CPLs, all working for the U.

For some reason the computer guys like guns...
    I like this, and it is true...for me at least.

Account Closed
    Last edited by Wolvee; 10-06-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zigziggityzoo
    I've got one neighbor who's a retired cop, and one neighbor who's a cop's son. Both avid shooters.

I've also got about a dozen coworkers with CPLs, all working for the U.

For some reason the computer guys like guns...
    Then why don't your get at that firewall and unblock MGO from the hospital's wifi?!

PS I am not far from you... 10 min south in Milan. However, I work afternoons and watch two little ones during the day...so it's tough for me to get out and shoot a lot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast