Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

CS/Pepper Spray - How well Does it Work for a Dog Attack?

Specifically looking for stories from people who have actually used it in a SD situation.

I am a Forum User
    From my experiences, no.
    Some dogs will fight to the death.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Donzie
    From my experiences, no.
    Some dogs will fight to the death.
    Donzie, have you ever used it against a dog attack? If so, can you give details regarding it's use and effectiveness?
    Last edited by Roadie; 08-28-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Bad punctuation. My English teacher might be looking.

I am a Forum User
    I used to carry a squirt gun full of ammonia when I was a kid after the 2nd dog attack. (I skateboarded out in the country). I had it work successfully twice by making the charging dog retreat to attempt to bury its head. I would imagine it would be the same with pepper spray. That being said, I bet any dog on a real mission would enjoy the added hot sauce as he eats your liver.

I am a Forum User
    Like any other form of defense it depends on how determined the dog is, sick and starving, overly aggressive, etc. It would not hurt to carry some however, I would not want it to be my last resort.

I am a Forum User
    so to prove to a friend a while back that his spray wasn't good enough I let him spray me. Then I walked up all calm and collected to him, picked him up and said I think you need better...

don't buy the cheap stuff it just pisses em off.

I think a .45 acp is a better bet. but if you don't want that, fox labs is a decent bet, but it is just that, a bet.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Made_in_Michigan
    I used to carry a squirt gun full of ammonia when I was a kid after the 2nd dog attack. (I skateboarded out in the country).
    I used to carry one (or two) when I was delivering papers as a kid.

I tested it more than a couple of times and lets just say, the dogs remembered who I was pedaling down the street so, it obviously had the intended effect on them.

I am a Forum User
    I've used the old 2% stuff twice. First time was a stream between the eyes. He shook his head and turned around and walked away. The second time was the "cone spray" type where the dog breathed it in. The dog still comes out growling and carrying on, but stops about 10' short. I've yet to have to use the 10% mix.

I am a Forum User
    Depends on if you have your gas mask

I couldnt resist. lol

Ask post office employees. I know a lot of them carried it on walking delivery routes. Same for meter readers.
    Lighten up Francis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast