Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S.
    Ask post office employees. I know a lot of them carried it on walking delivery routes. Same for meter readers.
    I thought that was to ward off housewives!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S.
    Ask post office employees. I know a lot of them carried it on walking delivery routes. Same for meter readers.
    Ditto! Good OC spray is 99% effective! You don't hear about mailmen, meter readers being eaten by dogs all the time. Any of the newer OC spray will work wonders. Fox Labs 5.3, Cold Steel Inferno.

To the guy who said that he took a shot of pepper spray to the face and was fine, let me spray you with some Cold Steel Inferno, and i'll throw an airsoft gun on the ground, see if you can find the gun, rack it, and shoot me.

Cold Steel Inferno has atmoized black pepper in it. Even if it doesn't get totally in your eyes, the pepper makes you have that "sneeze" reflex, forcing you to suck hundreds of thousands of scoville units of heat into your lungs. It's one of the worst experiences i've ever had in my life.

And YES i've used it before. I've used it when I ran out of WASP SPRAY killing wasps in my shed on a windy day, you just need some common sense not to stand down wind, and keep it arms length away from your face. Also, don't buy the "fog" type OC

Also, look at the thread in the concealed carry forum on here, and look at "I had to pull my gun for the first time" I posted links of bears and pitbulls being spray with OC. (not that pitbulls are bad, they are large dogs)

[youtube]Bqic1QNyfx8[/youtube]

I don't care what anyone says about pepper spray and pain compliance. When you restrict the ability for someone to breath, you send them into an enormous amount of panic. The physiological response when your body thinks you're being asphyxiated is overwhelming, no person is able to overcome it. It is the same thing with waterboarding, everyone says they could stand it till water trickles down their throat and their brain flips the switch into "sh** and get mode"
    Last edited by ILoveMyGlock; 08-29-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyGlock
    I don't care what anyone says about pepper spray and pain compliance. When you restrict the ability for someone to breath, you send them into an enormous amount of panic. The physiological response when your body thinks you're being asphyxiated is overwhelming, no person is able to overcome it. It is the same thing with waterboarding, everyone says they could stand it till water trickles down their throat and their brain flips the switch into "sh** and get mode"
    You're right about that. Pepper spray doesn't hurt very much, but it's irritating as hell. I had gotten into a fight with a guy at a bar once, and his girlfriend sprayed both of us, that took the fight right out of us. When your adrenaline is pumping, you might have a higher pain tolerance, but trust me, that doesn't mean anything when you can't see or breathe. In that situation, the first thing you want to do is get the hell out of there.

I am a Forum User

Not to sound like a baddass... cuz I am not... but; you are right.
    Got into a fight at the "Brown Bagger Saloon" outside the gate at Camp LeJeune. I was still active duty and some "bikers" invaded our favorite titty-bar on this particular night.

Long story short, I end up outside fighting a guy that outweighed me by at least 150lbs. Big, fat, greasy biker POS, that bumped me as I was taking a shot in a pool game...

After he pushed me, I broke my Meucci on his head(Went the McDermott route after that), and somehow we ended up outside in a grand fraccas!

Needless to say, fat boy gets me on the ground and starts choking me.

REALLY choking me. Thought I was gonna piss my pants.
    I was scared.

I *FREAKED*. Kneeing him in the balls, kicking, biting, scratching, nothing worked until I reached around the top of his head and found his eye sockets and gouged the ****** out of his eyeballs as I was blacking out. I just dug my fingers into his eye sockets and tried to pop his eyeballs out.

He let go of me after that and I kicked the **** out of him. Literally and figuratively, while his eyeballs were bleeding and he was practically blinded. lying there writhing and trying to cover his face, screaming that "I blinded him!". Well, he tried to kill me and he got what he deserved as far as I am concerned.

His "buddies" had to take him to the hospital after the fact.

Lesson 1: Nothing is worse than the feeling of not being able to draw breath.

Lesson 2: Don't f@ck with a Marine that can't breath, especially, if it is your hands that are causing the blockage of breath.

I am a Forum User
    Having worked patrol for several years, 90% of my OC use has been for dogs, and that's basically my only reason for carrying it now. Unlike people, I have never not had it work on a dog, and I have sprayed a few cans worth. Usually after a second or two if not instantly, they run away yelping. That said, I have only used quality, potent stuff (Def-Tec, Fox) and I wouldn't trust it completely to stop an agressive pit or similar, but it has always been effective for me. Have a backup plan in case.

Also, use actual OC spray, not CS or other agents designed specifically for humans, they don't work as well on animals. The hot pepper is universal.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M&P .40
    Not to sound like a baddass... cuz I am not... but; you are right.
    Got into a fight at the "Brown Bagger Saloon" outside the gate at Camp LeJeune. I was still active duty and some "bikers" invaded our favorite titty-bar on this particular night.

Long story short, I end up outside fighting a guy that outweighed me by at least 150lbs. Big, fat, greasy biker POS, that bumped me as I was taking a shot in a pool game...

After he pushed me, I broke my Meucci on his head(Went the McDermott route after that), and somehow we ended up outside in a grand fraccas!

Needless to say, fat boy gets me on the ground and starts choking me.

REALLY choking me. Thought I was gonna piss my pants.
    I was scared.

I *FREAKED*. Kneeing him in the balls, kicking, biting, scratching, nothing worked until I reached around the top of his head and found his eye sockets and gouged the ****** out of his eyeballs as I was blacking out. I just dug my fingers into his eye sockets and tried to pop his eyeballs out.

He let go of me after that and I kicked the **** out of him. Literally and figuratively, while his eyeballs were bleeding and he was practically blinded. lying there writhing and trying to cover his face, screaming that "I blinded him!". Well, he tried to kill me and he got what he deserved as far as I am concerned.

His "buddies" had to take him to the hospital after the fact.

Lesson 1: Nothing is worse than the feeling of not being able to draw breath.

Lesson 2: Don't f@ck with a Marine that can't breath, especially, if it is your hands that are causing the blockage of breath.
    M&P. That's a good story. What I am really looking for is people experienced using pepper spray/CS gas against a dog attack. Did it work? What were the details of that particular circumstance? How did the dog behave? What kind of spray did you have? My Dad carries pepper spray that looks like an ***** fire extinguisher.

Not trying to give anyone a hard time, I am truly curious.

PS, Thank you to those whom responded, from ammonia laced squirt guns, to more advanced stuff.
    Last edited by Roadie; 08-29-2011 at 11:37 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadie
    M&P. That's a good story. What I am really looking for is people experienced using pepper spray/CS gas against a dog attack. Did it work? What were the details of that particular circumstance? How did the dog behave? What kind of spray did you have? My Dad carries pepper spray that looks like an ***** fire extinguisher.

Not trying to give anyone a hard time, I am truly curious.

PS, Thank you to those whom responded, from ammonia laced squirt guns, to more advanced stuff.
    [YOUTUBE]jsgvUohhpqc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]U-n51xxF8K8[/YOUTUBE]

Edit, that was a great read M&P, thanks for sharing

I am a Forum User
    Ditto! Good OC spray is 99% effective! You don't hear about mailmen, meter readers being eaten by dogs all the time. Any of the newer OC spray will work wonders. Fox Labs 5.3, Cold Steel Inferno.

To the guy who said that he took a shot of pepper spray to the face and was fine, let me spray you with some Cold Steel Inferno, and i'll throw an airsoft gun on the ground, see if you can find the gun, rack it, and shoot me.

Cold Steel Inferno has atmoized black pepper in it. Even if it doesn't get totally in your eyes, the pepper makes you have that "sneeze" reflex, forcing you to suck hundreds of thousands of scoville units of heat into your lungs. It's one of the worst experiences i've ever had in my life.

And YES i've used it before. I've used it when I ran out of WASP SPRAY killing wasps in my shed on a windy day, you just need some common sense not to stand down wind, and keep it arms length away from your face. Also, don't buy the "fog" type OC

Also, look at the thread in the concealed carry forum on here, and look at "I had to pull my gun for the first time" I posted links of bears and pitbulls being spray with OC. (not that pitbulls are bad, they are large dogs)

[youtube]Bqic1QNyfx8[/youtube]

wow you made me think I was loosing my mind, had to go back and read what i wrote. nope I was blatantly voting against any cheap pepper spray. I wasn't fine, I just could control myself long enough to beat the crap out of him if I wanted i ended up throwing up 10 minutes later, and generally hating life for a while but never ended up blind/disabled/incapacitated (unless the moments of wretching count)

I don't think i'd be doing so good against freeze or the kimber gaurdian those actually work. the inferno stuff never heard of it, sounds awesome think I'll order some.

I do know a couple mail people I'll ask them but general consensus from what I've heard was bear spray stops anything and everything.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by alexalex77 View Post
    Saw a news report this week about a pitbull that attacked a homeowner and her lab while walking her dog in the neighborhood. I immediately questioned myself whether my pepper spray would work. I Googled and found the pepper sprays that are designed to defense against violent dogs, have a look - https://www.theolive.com/reviews/best-pepper-spray/ .
    Only a 7 year old thread you resurrected.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    Only a 7 year old thread you resurrected.
    Always enjoy reading a little history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast