Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by allstajacket
    I'm sorry but medical marijuana is an excuse to get high. There are alternatives. Also, an actual study was released proving that extended marijuana usage makes you dumb. Yes, dumb. That's what we need, more dumb gun owners ruining it for the rest of us. Lay off the weed, and get a new doctor. That's what I'd do.

you have zero knowledge of what you are talking about.
    I know someone who did not want to be on pain pills due to the negative effects on the body and mind.
    they went from mopy/slow moving/needing pills and now they have their MMC and are working again, only uses their pain management medicine three times a day amd are as functional as they were before it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Olds
    There are many excuses, and abuses for many legitimate medicines. That does not take away from the fact that they are used effectively by other people for real medical reasons.

The recent study you speak of has many flaws. There are many outside factors that can lower someones IQ score from the 70s, to today. Standards alone can account for IQ score discrepancies. There are thousands of doctors, lawyers, engineers, and other prestigious functional people in society that have, and probably continue to use cannabis.

Just read something today that confirms an already known fact that cannabis has cancer fighting properties. I should note that it is typically not in a high enough concentration when consumed in smoking form. They are more effective in tinctures, typically having high CBD, rather than THC. As most know, THC is the psychoactive component. CBD is one of about 70 cannabinoids that acts as kind of a balancing agent for the psychoactive component. CBD also has been shown to be anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, anti-oxidant, and many other beneficial effects. IMO, that is why the FDA approved synthetic versions of THC fail. They are copying the psychoactive component and ignoring the ones that have proven to be medicinal.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/marijuana-and-cancer_n_1898208.html?icid=maing-grid7|maing6|dl2|sec3_lnk1&pLid=207938

There was also a study done that indicated that marijuana only smokers actually had an increased lung capacity over tobacco smokers, as well as non smokers. I think this was more attributed to a technique typically used by MJ smokers to hold in the smoke. Similar to the way divers build up lung capacity.
    http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/1...h-lung-damage/

There are studies out there that clearly contradict the FDA's stance of not having medicinal properties. They just ignore them.
    i go with the because they cannot control who grows it and tax it theory.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcup3
    So I didn't lie during the purchase. Is there anything inherently illegal about owning a handgun and being a card holder?
    I suggest you read again the BOLDED section in post #47 above.

Although I may not necessarily agree with this law, I would NOT take a chance of getting convicted of a federal felony for being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm.

If you wish to retain your 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, you will have to give up pot completely, destroy the MMC card and get other legally approved medication for your pain.

If you cannot control your pain with more conventional and LEGAL methods, then you will have to give up your right to keep and bear arms and must get rid of ALL firearms. There is no other way around it at this time, short of the federal Government legalizing the use of pot. I don't see that happening any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RayMich
    I suggest you read again the BOLDED section in post #47 above.

Although I may not necessarily agree with this law, I would NOT take a chance of getting convicted of a federal felony for being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm.

If you wish to retain your 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, you will have to give up pot completely, destroy the MMC card and get other legally approved medication for your pain.

If you cannot control your pain with more conventional and LEGAL methods, then you will have to give up your right to keep and bear arms and must get rid of ALL firearms. There is no other way around it at this time, short of the federal Government legalizing the use of pot. I don't see that happening any time soon.

And what should we/they do about the LEO's that have the MMC? Don't say there ain't any.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger
    And what should we/they do about the LEO's that have the MMC? Don't say there ain't any.
    I have no idea and it is not my problem.

I am simply answering a question and providing the best information I have found. People can do with it what they wish. No sweat off my back.

Stay safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger
    LEO's are in a class above us, they get a free pass on things that you and I would get prosecuted, doing the same thing. So leave them out of it!!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeywhat
    I won't comment on state level laws, but do realize that possession of marijuana is a federal offense, regardless of whatever state issued license you may have. Which means on the form 4473 you fill out when buying a gun from a dealer, you may not answer 'NO' for question 12e regarding marijuana use. If you write YES, you will not be permitted to proceed with the sale...if you answer NO you will have committed a felony.

So do what you will, just realize and understand what's in play here.
    That's how it was explained to me when I lived in Washington. They are big with the MM cards too.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567