Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Well, Swamp Thing & InTheBurbs and I gave it our best shot, but it isn't going to happen in Ada. They have an ordinance with the city that the rifle range has a "no blue sky" policy and shooters must shoot from the benches.

From this month's newsletter: "Additional information was received on the Appleseed Project and it was determined that the structure of the program
    would not fit within the Club’s safety policy and will thus be not
    be approved."

Quote Originally Posted by Jetplane19
    .... a "no blue sky" policy ...."
    What is that, exactly?

I am a Forum User
    Oh, sorry.

The “No Blue Sky” concept relies on range rules that require the shooter not to chamber a round until he is an approved position such that when he chambers he can not see blue sky. Shooting must occur beneath the low roof, thus preventing errant shots.

I am a Forum User
    ST, ITB, and others

You might check out this club

I am a Forum User
    I'm totally new to this and very excited to try and get an Appleseed going in West Michigan somewhere.

Does it have to be a range? Could someone host this event on their farmland?

Quote Originally Posted by Veeper
    I'm totally new to this and very excited to try and get an Appleseed going in West Michigan somewhere.

I think that I have read that they can do it anywhere that it can be safely and legally done.

If you have a place in mind, contact Swamp Thing, I believe that he is currently doing the "range development" for Appleseed.

I think that the closest to the west side they have right now is Eaton Rapids. There are also more a little further north.

Here is the current available events.....

ETA:
    This is a slightly older thread, but the you can get the gist of things: http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=154253
    Just reach out and contact one of the Appleseed guys/gals in this thread, intheburbs, Garymac, Superheat, Mouse08, Pitmaster (not sure if I ever met him) or Swamp Thing, They will work with you, great bunch of guys/gals.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 04-23-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member

The answer is YES, ABSOLUTELY! We can bring to program to anywhere we can safely shoot.

MGO Member Forum User

Veeper - yes, we can do an Appleseed on private land. Please contact me via PM or email at mi@appleseedinfo.org

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123