Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    I'm suprised by rule #5, as I would think bow hunters would be pissed if someone was target shooting when it was bow season. That does come first right?

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professorwiz
    I'm suprised by rule #5, as I would think bow hunters would be pissed if someone was target shooting when it was bow season. That does come first right?
    Bow hunters have the small game hunters out there from Sept to March.
    Bow season is Oct 1rst to Jan 1rst except between November 15th to the 30th. bow is closed. The 5 day period before the firearm season is really designed for the firearm hunters. Its supposed to provide a period of quiet time before the firearm opener.

I am a Forum User
    As I said....

Any state land that's open for shooting. Just take a target with you, make sure you have a safe backstop and then clean up after yourself.

hehehehe...it's just in easy to understand terms. If it's ok to shoot there then set up a target, have a safe backstop and clean up your junk. I didn't need several pages/paragraphs to say it like the gov't....

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowDog
    Any state land thats open for shooting. Just take a target with you, make sure you have a safe backstop and then clean up after yourself.
    Don't see nuttin' 'bout Fed land thar

I am a Forum User
    Because I wasn't talking bout Fed land....I said State Land. One must pay attention to details.....

Because I wasn't talking bout Fed land....I said State Land. One must pay attention to details.....
    I was, there is more Federal land open to shooting than State Land by far, even though the OP didn't axe 'bout Fed land, so you's gotten me on that 1

I am a Forum User
    It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorwiz
    Hi all,
    I'm fairly new to gun ownership and have been shooting at the ranges around my area for almost a year, just about every weekend. I have heard you could target shoot on State land and was curious about that. Where can you go to do that? Is there certain state properties you can? I have a CPL, and am mostly looking for someplace to shoot a pistol, although I did just buy a Mosin Nagant.

Russ
    State land that is called State Hunting land or State Game Area is what you're looking for. The comments about Fed land also apply.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I'm overlooking some National Forest while posting this in my 'room

MGO Member
    As I said....

Any state land that's open for shooting. Just take a target with you, make sure you have a safe backstop and then clean up after yourself.

hehehehe...it's just in easy to understand terms. If it's ok to shoot there then set up a target, have a safe backstop and clean up your junk. I didn't need several pages/paragraphs to say it like the gov't....
    That is not 100% true because there is state game land that is open for shooting game but not open for target practice. The state can restrict target shooting on hunting land by posting no target shooting signs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast