Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Question Oakland Community College (AH Campus)

Has anyone tried to get the ball rolling on a SCCC chapter for Oakland Community College, specifically Auburn Hills campus? I am seriously interested in getting involved. Don't know if I would be qualified to start a chapter (not a CPL holder only, about a year until I am 21).

Hey! I am the campus leader for CMU! We accept all member who support our cause, however you may want to check with our state and regional coordinator Reid Smith. His email is available via the website www.concealedcampus.org

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango125INF11b
    Hey! I am the campus leader for CMU! We accept all member who support our cause, however you may want to check with our state and regional coordinator Reid Smith. His email is available via the website www.concealedcampus.org
    Thanks a lot. It's something I feel strongly about and I would like to see a chapter open at my own campus

Not a problem. If you have any questions, I would love to help you out as well. Reid is extremely busy this year because he started med school in August. First thing to do is network. Start a facebook group, hang up flyers, become a registered RSO at your school. Check out our page at http://www.facebook.com/groups/CMichSCC/ if you want an idea on where to start.

I am a Forum User
    If I knew about this stuff when I was going to OCC in Auburn Hills, I would have started a chapter. Alas, those days are long gone. I hope it goes well and succeeds!!!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.frost92
    Has anyone tried to get the ball rolling on a SCCC chapter for Oakland Community College, specifically Auburn Hills campus? I am seriously interested in getting involved. Don't know if I would be qualified to start a chapter (not a CPL holder only, about a year until I am 21).
    I know a guy at one of the local gun stores who has been a part time student there off and on who has been arguing with the faculty over the issue. PM me your info and I'll try to get it to him to see if he is interested in working something out, if he happens to be a student this semester

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.frost92
    It also probably wouldn't hurt if you walked over to the criminal justice rooms and had a sit-down with Mike Arrowood. He's ex-MSP bombsquad and he probably still teaches a lot of the classes. I know Jack Franks (ex-ATF) used to be in support of teaching students to shoot and what not, and I'm pretty sure he was in support of CPL on campus, but he retired a few years back. I remember after class one night they took some of the students out to dinner and we had a good talk about CPL laws (this was back in maybe 2005 or so) and I don't remember getting in to any arguments with them, so they must not have been totally opposed to the idea.

I just looked over the faculty lists and Skinner is still there... I wonder if he knows what ever happened to that one girl I had in my crime scene photography class... Also, he didn't flinch when all of my homework assignments came back with pictures of my guns as "evidence" so he might be of some support, but I really couldn't say.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy
    It also probably wouldn't hurt if you walked over to the criminal justice rooms and had a sit-down with Mike Arrowood. He's ex-MSP bombsquad and he probably still teaches a lot of the classes. I know Jack Franks (ex-ATF) used to be in support of teaching students to shoot and what not, and I'm pretty sure he was in support of CPL on campus, but he retired a few years back. I remember after class one night they took some of the students out to dinner and we had a good talk about CPL laws (this was back in maybe 2005 or so) and I don't remember getting in to any arguments with them, so they must not have been totally opposed to the idea.

I just looked over the faculty lists and Skinner is still there... I wonder if he knows what ever happened to that one girl I had in my crime scene photography class... Also, he didn't flinch when all of my homework assignments came back with pictures of my guns as "evidence" so he might be of some support, but I really couldn't say.

I've never really heard of any of the people you have listed, I'm in the criminal justice program btw,

I am a Forum User
    id join and help out even though i go to highland lakes campus

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I'd definitely get involved with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast