Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I cant seem to find it but this has been posted before and I think it was a while ago.

Could have been any other gun also. I always have the barrel pointed in another direction when I strip my glock... I wonder how he managed to pull the slide lock lever, and the trigger all while holding his hand in front of the muzzle..

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by aresbykes
    Glock's fault, shooter was obviously not the problem here.
    If I read the date down on the bottom right correctly, it was 2005 so Bush was in the White House, right? Just sayin' ... What would BHO say?

I am a Forum User
    First time reading this..

Wow..

This was a great article to pick up..

Wish I was more careful in the past..

I am a Forum User
    What more needs to be said

I am a Forum User
    I could have almost did something similar today taking pictures of my Sig.

I had 2 full magazines and one empty. The empty one was in the gun, and I took it out to take a picture of the magwell. I put what I thought was the empty one back in and racked the gun to take a picture of it with the hammer back. It chambered a round without me realizing (i should have felt it but didn't take immediate notice). I did my double check of the chamber like every gun owner should, and a round went flying out and another one chambered. I'm glad I realized it wasn't an empty mag in there before I made the hammer go back down. Could have blown a hole in my floor, myself, or my dog who was distracting me when I put the wrong mag in.

I am a Forum User
    This is why I am completely paranoid about checking my firearms. Even last night my g/f was gonna dry fire her sig, and I said "Did you check it?" she said "It's been on my hip for the last hour, empty.", I replied "So?". It's a 2 second thing to save a lot of pain or death.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jmilch
    Could have been any other gun also. I always have the barrel pointed in another direction when I strip my glock... I wonder how he managed to pull the slide lock lever, and the trigger all while holding his hand in front of the muzzle..
    Easy. He followed the slide down with his hand instead of slingshooting it. Big problem with a lot of people. For some reason they want to follow the slide instead of letting go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenom
    This is why I am completely paranoid about checking my firearms. Even last night my g/f was gonna dry fire her sig, and I said "Did you check it?" she said "It's been on my hip for the last hour, empty.", I replied "So?". It's a 2 second thing to save a lot of pain or death.
    +100...

Last night before i went to bed i did a check of my XD, Force of mental habit

I know it loaded, but i always check.

Rule #1 there all loaded,till it check'd and double check to see the chamber is empty..
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zenom
    amen

a customer asked me why i cleared a gun he handed back to me.

"its already empty man why are you wasting time?"

"what is five seconds, man are you that rushed you cant take five seconds to be safe? id rather take the time and be extra safe than not and have to deal with it later"

"i never thought it was that important"

it was sad and this dude is a real big gun guy.
    i hope he took something from it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast