Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac
    Pitmaster, I will be at Watervliet as an instructor. If you need a loaner .22 I will have a couple with me.
    Thanks for the offer, but I picked up a 10/22 at the Nappannee Gun Show last week.

scope

Pitmaster,

You might want to slide that scope forward. Most of the people we instruct need to slide the scope toward the muzzle as far as it will go.

Just a tip.

Have fun at the Appleseed and bring everyone you know!

Superheat.
    I love my country but I fear my government- Mark Scott r.i.p.

What would George Washington do? I bet he would get off his ass and fight.

I am a Forum User
    I'm hoping to get up to the range to check it it out. I have a couple of other scopes also. I'm not very knowledgable about scopes and shooting rifles. When I try to make adjustments I usually make things worse. BTDT on my reloading presses. I've finally got my 650 adjusted for the calibers I reload.

I don't know about everyone I know. But I have signed up and paid for 4 others to go to the Appleseed in Niles. I keep spreading the word and passing out flyers.

I am a Forum User
    Weather looks to be perfect next Saturday..

High
    65°F

Precip
    10%

Wind: From SSW at 14 mph
    Humidity: 62%
    UV Index: 6 High
    Sunrise: 7:05 AM ET
    Avg. High: 61°F
    Record High: 82°F (2003)
    Sunday may be a little wet though

Showers
    High
    65°F

Precip
    60%

Wind: From S at 13 mph
    Humidity: 67%
    UV Index: 4 Moderate
    Sunrise: 7:04 AM ET
    Avg. High: 61°F
    Record High: 88°F (2002)

I am a Forum User
    I spent some times sighting in the scope last night. I think I got it close enough but I will find out if continued tweaking needs done Saturday. All purchases except bug spray made. Awaiting one package delivery and then a quick cleaning of my rifle and pack up the gun cart Friday.

I wonder if I should bring my .44 mag Marlin 1894 that I only use black powder in.

I am a Forum User
    My crew is eager and ready. We'll be showing up with 3 .22 rifles - two which are new and never fired, the other never fired by me. Not ideal, I know.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddmoit
    My crew is eager and ready. We'll be showing up with 3 .22 rifles - two which are new and never fired, the other never fired by me. Not ideal, I know.

Took a look at the picture you posted. Looks like a mod 60 or similar with irons and a sling. A Marlin with Tech Sights and sling and a stock 10/22 with factory sights and no sling. We can make those all work.

One tip for the tube fed. Go to 7-Eleven or a fast food place and pick up a couple of those big straws like they use for slurpies or frozen cokes. We use them as speed loaders. It makes it easier.
    Last edited by Garymac; 04-11-2012 at 06:32 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Yes, slings for all three of them.

I am a Forum User
    I read in what to bring to an Appleseed the recommendation of boots vs. Tennis shoes. Can anyone explain why?

I am a Forum User
    I'll probably tote my SKS and Mosin along in case the opportunity presents itself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast