Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Tick Tock, Tick Tock 36 hours and counting. Tick Tock...

I am a Forum User
    24 hours and a 1 hour drive...

I am a Forum User
    Loaded, 12 hours and a drive.

I am a Forum User
    Any idea on when we break for the day?

I am a Forum User
    Leaving in 90 minutes or so.

I am a Forum User
    Great first day. Thanks for the assistance, Garymac. This has been an excellent opportunity to get the whole family involved with guns.

I am a Forum User
    Great day! I learned so much my brain couldn't hold it all in. Back in 11 hours.
    Last edited by Pitmaster; 04-15-2012 at 05:18 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Up and ready to go!

I am a Forum User
    I had a great weekend. Anyone who is considering attending one should go ahead and do it. You won't regret it no matter how skilled you are.

I will be attending more of them. I hope to attend 6 over the next year with the last one being the National Appleseed day.

I am a Forum User
    Appleseed After Action Report - Watervliet, MI

I was paired up with the shoot boss's son, a fine young man who is seven years old doing some drills Sunday morning. This was a first Appleseed for both of us. I learned a lot working with him, especially enthusiasm. We also had lunch together which was great. Great instruction, storytelling, and the explanations of why things are done a certain way. Way too many programs tell you what to do and leave out the why. I like why! I really enjoyed everything equally.

In addition to the excellent marksmanship training, which I expected, the story telling by the instructors was outstanding. The instructors did an excellent job telling the stories in a manner that captured attention, delivered a message, instilled humility regarding what our ancestors did and sacrificed for the freedom we know in the United States of American.

I will point out that the historical information told during an Appleseed and that comes from the book Paul Revere's Ride provides quite a perspective of the sacrifices made. I recently completed reading the book about a month ago. People today do not have any understanding of the internal qualities people had back then to survive, much less fight for their freedom against what could be described as overwhelming odds. Think about it this way. We have instant communication between individuals and groups. Back in that day absolute fastest way to deliver a message to an individual was riding a horse. If a written message was sent that was written with a quill pen and ink. I would almost bet that nobody who reads this post has ever done that in his or her life. I know I have not. Think about the time it would take to write a message.

Most of the people who responded to the Battle of Lexington were normal people with the normal obligations of the time. Firearms for them were not hobbies and interest. They were just a tool used to hunt and protect them. There was no "tacticool" crap being sold, just a musket/rifle, powder, and lead. I remember reading many biographies 45 years ago. Many of the heroes of those times learned to shoot by being given 1 bullet to go hunting. If they missed, they didn't eat. These kids today would be in middle school.

People do not really get the sacrifice our ancestors made.

I also clicked in my brain and remembered my uncle did a genealogical search of our paternal family history. I learned that I am a direct descendent of a passenger on the Mayflower who survived and lived through that experience. That click on my brain gave me some humility and pride that it is very possible I had a descendant who fought in the Battle of Lexington. I am going to try to follow up to find out if I did.

A couple of photos. I have a couple of videos but I need to use a wireless connection to upload them from my Droid.

I'm toying with the idea of attending one a month until the Patriot's Day event next year. However, the next 2 months will be extremely difficult to work in with my schedule. July on is much easier. I have to decide if attending Saturday or Sunday only will meet my dedication.

I will be heading to my local range Sunday for my personal Volley For Liberty. The Volley For Liberty will be held at 4:00 pm EDT, 3:00 pm CDT, 2:00 pm MDT, and 1:00 pm PDT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast