Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Anybody ever seen a refrigerator turned into a gun safe?

Considering doing this..Ive heard of it before, never actually seen one though..I have access to a GE stainless steel fridge thats about 7 years old that just died..Any ideas? I was thinking lining with diamondplate and having a padlock on the inside..Nobody would ever suspect...

I am a Forum User
    i have heard of doing it but never seen it.

quick Google search

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...-gun-safe.html

I am a Forum User
    A most excellent idea. I just happen to know where there is a dead fridge that needs disposing.

MGO Member

Gun safe

While working patrol I covered a B & E. The home owner told me that the bad guys missed all his guns. When I asked him how he took to his basement and showed me a large water heater. He had gutted it and installed a lazy susan type table with racks inside. He then cut a access door and using a magnet held it in place. He had fake pipes leading from the heater to the wall. He had placed all of his guns in this device.
    You could have walked by this thing all day and never known that it was a place to secure firearms.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by fr3db3ar
    A most excellent idea. I just happen to know where there is a dead fridge that needs disposing.
    Lets do it and keep this thread updated for others....

I am a Forum User
    I like the water heater better than the fridge. an awful lot of people do keep cash in the fridge.

I am a Forum User
    Criminals often go through the fridge looking for hidden cash. It also seems to be reported alot criminals making themselves food from the victims fridge. It seems to me if I were a crook and came across a locked refridgerator,I would think something valuable must be inside.

MGO Member
    I saw a website a few years ago where someone was selling safes built into old pop machines.

I am a Forum User
    ^ that thread was just brought up a week ago.

I am a Forum User
    Canada law requires firearms stored in a locked metal container. I seen several refridgerators gutted and turned into safes. Not a bad option, but anything with a lock draws attention.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast