Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    That is great to hear.

I am a Forum User
    Add another one. I asked my wife if she wanted to go and she stunned me by saying yes. She is a completed novice and will be a challenge for an instructor. A couple of people have tried to help her shoot a pistol. But she has a weird sight situation that needs some time to figure out. She's left eye dominant and uses contacts in a strange way. I don't quite understand it. I hope someone can figure it out. Now there are 5 of us in the extended family attending.

I am a Forum User
    My nephew's LTR arrived today. What a nice looking rifle. I can't wait to see it in person. I hope he lets be shoot it.

I am a Forum User
    Is it going to brme just the 25 yard rimfire, or centerfire KD also? Working on getting the wife talked into going.

I am a Forum User
    Sunday afternoon we plan to use the 200 yard rifle range. I'm just the club link though. Swamp Thing will better be able to tell you. Centerfire's can be shot on the line that weekend.

MGO Member Forum User
    Assuming it's ok with the club, I've got a full-sized steel D target we can set up for the 200-yard range.

It's best when you use a Garand. On that 8th shot you get BOOM-PING-CLANG

I am a Forum User
    No problem on the steel target. We just need to send the round in the dirt after the CLANG

I am a Forum User
    I can confirm that you'll want to bring that centerfire rifle with you.

Main instruction will be at 25 meters. Rimfire works well for cost efffectiveness. Expect approximately 400 rounds downrange at this distance. Maybe more!

Sunday afternoon we'll move the folks who want to go over to the 200 yard range and make some noise.

ST

I am a Forum User
    Swamp, thanks for the info...don't know if the wife will want to break out her nagant for the 200 yards, but I plan on using my AR for both, may let her try that @ 200

I am a Forum User
    Excellent news Draken. I love the sound of Mosin's in the afternoon.

To clarify, we will split the line up on Sunday. Those who want to shoot at 200 can move over to that range, those who want to stay at 25 or may need some extra fundamentals can stay put.

The tough choice is this. As the range only goes to 200 yards, we will have no way of qualifying as an expert rifleman on that range. If you haven't shot a qualifying score by that time, do you stay at 25 and shoot more qualifying tests, or move over to hear bang clang?

Life is full of tough choices I suppose.

At any rate, this will be a great way to spend a weekend!

ST

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast