Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Website and Forum Notice

The Michigan Gun Owners web site and Community Forums will be off line for a short period during the evening of December 27th and the morning of December 28th while we move to a new server and web host.

This move will require us to change our name server entry which means there may be a short period (<24 hours) where access may be limited while the new address propagates.

Please bear with us as we strive to improve our service.

Feel free to ask any questions or report any problems related to the move in this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Good luck Lance, I know this is a big job for you and I appreciate all your time your putting into this move
    Gary J. Kramer
    W8ACP
    NRA Life member - NRA RSO
    Member Howell Gun Club
    God Bless Our Troops....Especially Our Snipers

Exclamation

Thanks for all your hard work

ED

Good Luck from me too Lance. I can't begin to imagine the work involved in this let alone all the headaches tweaking it afterwards. I for one (among many I'm sure) appreciate it.

have 6 or 8 of these and it will go much better

I am a Forum User
    Good Luck and thanks Lance. As a sidenote, I went to the calendar today and tried to go to January-2007. On the bottom right, where you can "Jump to" a month/year....I could put in January, but the "year" drop-down box only went up to 2006. Do you have to make the adjustment to fix this? Or, is this part of the calendar software?

Thanks for all your work to keep the forum up and running. As with all tech upgrades, there will be probably be glitches for us and huge headaches for you in the switch. THANKS!
    ARTICLE I - DECLARATION OF RIGHTS - § 6 Bearing of arms.
    Sec. 6. Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state. History: MI Const. 1963, Art. I, § 6, ***. Jan. 1, 1964.

Thank you all for the kind remarks.

You may have noticed that the site is not functioning 100% at the moment. This is not a result of anything I'm doing. Our server is apparently acting up and causing intermittent page loads and database errors. I'm not even able to complete a backup at the moment. This will be necessary before I can start the changeover. I've submitted a trouble ticket so stay tuned.....

The forums should be back to normal for now... Apparently, the problem stemmed from "an abusive user who was suspended".

Now, On to the changeover... I'm planning on taking the forums down around 8:00pm. From there, I'll make the final database backup and upload it to the new server. If all goes well, the propagation will go quickly and the forums will be back up in a few hours. While the propagation is taking place, I'll forward all page requests from the old server to the new server using a temporary ip address so the forums should still be accessible to everyone.

just curious,, what can a user do to cause trouble with the server???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast