Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member

Ruger SR1911 came in, nice but came to late.

I ordered a Ruger SR1911 in May of 2011 and it came in last week, in fact the fired case is marked 3/6/2012, I know Ruger is behind on orders, however, during the year my ideas of 1911 have changed.

I did buy the SR1911 and it is a great looking gun, I was influenced by the LGS that there are hard to get, I will problably sell the SR1911, my question what is one worth?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve
    I ordered a Ruger SR1911 in May of 2011 and it came in last week, in fact the fired case is marked 3/6/2012, I know Ruger is behind on orders, however, during the year my ideas of 1911 have changed.

I did buy the SR1911 and it is a great looking gun, I was influenced by the LGS that there are hard to get, I will problably sell the SR1911, my question what is one worth?
    I bet you could get $700-750 for it, from someone desperate.

Account Closed
    $500

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee
    $500
    Your dreaming.....Maybe that's what it's worth to you, but with Ruger not taking any more orders? Shoot, someone will pay a premium price.

Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbos
    Your dreaming.....Maybe that's what it's worth to you, but with Ruger not taking any more orders? Shoot, someone will pay a premium price.
    And you're despicable & dishonest for trying to gouge people.

I am a Forum User
    Is there even such a thing as someone who is desperate to own a Ruger?

I am a Forum User
    pure free market capitalism at it's finest

I bid $350

MGO Member
    Thanks for your reply I was thinking about the same.

I am a Forum User
    Spoken by a true cheap azz.:assasin: Quit trying to get something for nothing in every deal.

I am a Forum User

Ruger is not taking new orders, wholesale distributors have hundreds on order they will be coming in.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/stu...ngs-2012-03-21

SOUTHPORT, Conn., Mar 21, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

-- The Company’s Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.

-- Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.

-- Despite the Company’s continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

-- The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.

The Company will announce its results and file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2012 on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, after the close of the stock market.
    Last edited by Combat Commander; 03-26-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast