Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User

Appleseed is coming to Muskegon! Bring those centerfire rifles!

Our inaugural event at the Muskegon Pistol and Rifle Club is coming up May 5-6. A second event will be held here on August 25-26.

This wonderful facility is giving us full use of their 300-yard range. Our 25-meter shooting line will be set up in this range, but on Sunday afternoon, we'll use the full length to put the shooters' new-found skills to the test.

This facility has pits and pop-up targets - will be much fun.

Dont forget - women shoot free, under 21 shoots free, and active military and law enforcement shoot for free.

Click here for information
    Click here to register for May 5-6
    Click here to register for August 25-26

I am a Forum User
    Most excellent!

C'mon Muskegon. Show us what you got!

Let's make this a great one.

ST

I am a Forum User
    Just got back from surveying the range and meeting with club member 1911guy.

This range is fantastic, 1911guy is a cool dude, and we WILL be shooting 300 yards on sunday!

Bring the

ST

While looking for info, I found this:

We do ask a few things up front. Please do not bring side arms (concealed or open) to the Appleseed firing lines.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by who dat

We do ask a few things up front. Please do not bring side arms (concealed or open) to the Appleseed firing lines.

Be sure to bring your wallet though.

Nothing nefarious. Safety on the line is paramount, in fact it's everything.

You are up and down constantly. Standing to sitting, standing to prone, all the while people are behind you.

I've been to several as both a shooter and IIT/RSO. You will be much more comfortable without your carry gun gouging you in the ribs for two days.

Account Closed Forum User
    A lot of the people here say don't shop anywhere that restricts guns, and avoid gunshows that don't allow carry. So just carrying that tradition on.

Quote Originally Posted by TomE

Quote intheburbs Don't forget - women shoot free, under 21 shoots free, and active military and law enforcement shoot for free.
    Cost averaging..

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE

Ok, I'd like to address these.

1) TomE - do you really think we just want your money? If you look at our last 3 Michigan events, 19 out of 59 shooters paid for their tickets. The other 40, or 68%, were free.

Appleseed is not out to make money. We're a 501C3 non-profit. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks $70 + a $5 or $10 range fee is excessive for an entire weekend of instruction. Our financials are public record - feel free to look them up yourself.

2) Yes, our official policy is no handguns carried by students on the firing line. We're not going to frisk people coming up to the line. It is simply a safety issue. We're not just standing and shooting, or shooting from a benchrest or chair. You'll be getting up and down from prone frequently, and you'll be doing timed transitions from standing to both prone and seated. I'm sure everyone can understand the concern for folks' safety on the line. Not all holsters are created equal.

Quote Originally Posted by intheburbs
    Ok, I'd like to address these.

1) TomE - do you really think we just want your money? If you look at our last 3 Michigan events, 19 out of 59 shooters paid for their tickets. The other 40, or 68%, were free.

Appleseed is not out to make money. We're a 501C3 non-profit. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who thinks $70 + a $5 or $10 range fee is excessive for an entire weekend of instruction. Our financials are public record - feel free to look them up yourself.

2) Yes, our official policy is no handguns carried by students on the firing line. We're not going to frisk people coming up to the line. It is simply a safety issue. We're not just standing and shooting, or shooting from a benchrest or chair. You'll be getting up and down from prone frequently, and you'll be doing timed transitions from standing to both prone and seated. I'm sure everyone can understand the concern for folks' safety on the line. Not all holsters are created equal.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast