Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DIY Camo Dip Kits

Something fun to play with:

www.camodipkit.com

I am a Forum User
    Tried it. What a mess! I'll stick with duracoat. LOL

Hydrographics are very temp sensitive. Doing a home job in a bucket of water does not yield the best result. Fortunately I have a sand blaster to "undip" what I dipped!

I am a Forum User
    Its takes lots of practice and patience to get it right.

As said, home diy kits work, but are sensitive.

I love the skull patterns though......

I am a Forum User
    <deleted>
    Last edited by tlagnhoj; 02-05-2018 at 02:38 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I tried to do a gun recently and could not get it to work. I wasted a lot of time and money for nothing. The videos make it look easy but for whatever reason I could not get it to work for me.

I did not use this particular product though, your results may vary.

I am a Forum User
    <deleted>
    Last edited by tlagnhoj; 02-05-2018 at 02:39 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Its hit or miss.

You buy the $99 kit, chances are your going to miss. The film plays a big roll in how its going to turn out and how easy it will be to use.

Spraying too much applicator will ruin it, not enough will ruin it. The spray cans they give you , give you no adjustment. That makes it even harder to do properly.

The base coat you use also affects the films ability to stick. Certain colors and sheens also affect the films ability to stick.

Water Temp plays a HUGE roll in the films ability to work properly. You have to find the correct temp for the film your using.

So to be honest, all the quick and easy dips you see arent all that quick and easy.

The objects you decide to dip also require certain dipping speeds, length of time under the water to remove excess film, certain types of dipping techniques.

Honestly its not that easy. More frustrating then anything until you waste a few things trying it out.

Just get scrap flat or roundish type materials to try first. NEVER do it on your first piece. You will make a mistake, you will mess it up.

Good luck there are forums out there to help you along if you really want to try this.

And for the easy video, chances are these guys are getting money or cutbacks to make an everyday joe look like he can do it first try.

Todd

I am a Forum User
    <deleted>
    Last edited by tlagnhoj; 02-05-2018 at 02:39 PM.

I agree that if you can get the hang of it... $99 is worth it....

I am a Forum User
    Speaking of duracoat, anyone tried a digital camo pattern personally. I have seens pros do it but I was thinking of trying it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast