Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Gun Safe for an SUV

Looking for options and opinions of what type of gun safe would you use in an SUV for those times when you can't carry inside or can no longer carry such as in stopping for a drink etc. I have an 07 Hyundai Santa Fe if that helps; it also does not have the 3rd row seating so it does have a fairly large semi hidden compartment under the back storage area that I could bolt a larger lock box in. I'd also like to hear about the under seat cabled storage vaults that seem to be so common; how strong are these things etc?

I am a Forum User
    I got a Nanovault by GunVault. I think it's the 200 model with the key lock. I used the cable to lock it to the front seat. The cable's long enough so you can bring it above the seat and use it, but that also means it will slide out from under the seat when you brake (in my Chevy Cruze). I just stuck some velcro to the bottom of it so it stays in place, no problem.

You could probably get into it with a lot of effort; it seems they're more useful as a deterrent to someone who wants a quick grab. If you had time and tools you could probably break it, but for $25 it's hard to beat. I don't plan on storing anything in there long-term, just when I go somewhere where I can't carry. Plus my carpet is black so it's pretty hard to see.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by teecro
    no longer carry such as in stopping for a drink etc.

I am a Forum User

suv vault

i have the model 300 nanovault. very sturdy and has tumbler lock, no key. Replaced the 1500 lb steel cable with a 1/4 in ss cable. very secure.

Also have a Sentry vault, similar design, but with touchpad/key system. Bigger. Doesn't appear to be as heavy gauge steel, but most crooks won't be able to penetrate it without creating a ruccus. They will just go to the next car.

Works for me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HVYMTLMEC
    Ten plus days and this is all you can come up with?

Ended up ordering two different ones from Stack-On; one being a small under seat cabled unit with the electronic 4 button and/or keyed lock and a larger electronic full keypad and pop-up lid for mounting into the hidden compartment under the floor in the back of our SUV

I'll be at work for another couple of weeks so it will be a while before I can post to their design.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by teecro
    Ten plus days and this is all you can come up with?

Yep pretty much and 10 plus days for anyone else to think it is ok to posses
    a firearm while intoxicated or to suggest it is ok is my reason. I hope you enjoy prison food.

I am a Forum User
    a firearm while intoxicated or to suggest it is ok is my reason. I hope you enjoy prison food.
    A little extreme. He's asking about a safe so he's 'not' possessing firearms if he decides to have a drink. Geez.

I am a Forum User
    Want to show me where I've stated that I'm willfully looking to be in possession of a firearm while intoxicated or even drive while intoxicated? Quite the contrary as I'm looking for ways to remain completely compliant and within the law. Is this not the reason we put lock boxes in the car so that the firearm can be safely and legally stowed so that a person can stop and have a drink with dinner and still be within the law?

I am a Forum User
    I will apologize for my comment.

I am a Forum User
    I will apologize for my comment.
    Thank you; apology accepted!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast