Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by smitdawg View Post
    For anyone checking on this thread now, there's some wicked console safes available for suburbans/yukons...made by a company called Lockr down.
    Ordered one up the other day, hopefully it'll be in this week.

****UPDATE**** Lockrdown has been a major cluster *****. I called after a few weeks to check the status, the lady on the phone was confused & told me they didn't have any material, then she said it was out for powder coat. This was followed up with several inquiries via email that are to this day unanswered. After a month & a half I cancelled. Steer clear of these folks, placed an order w/ console vault, hopefully they are reputable.
    Last edited by apxpred; 04-28-2022 at 05:01 AM.

Looking at new vehicles the past couple of years, there seemed to be a plethora of inside/under/hidden center console (mostly) safes available as factory options since around the start of the gonorrherpalitisnoropoxvid-19 apocalyptic plague. Could have been the reason John Q might of had trouble finding them as they were mostly spoken for by the auto manufacturers.

I think Cheby/GM used the lock'r-down Larry-the-Cable-guy-esque drop-in types to git'r-dun, but now the late production '22MY GMCs use the "console vault" brand - - if you want to fondle one in person at the dealer instead of being a interwebs voyeur.
    I think Ford & Dodge have also shifted from Tuffy to ConsoleVault as well for the '23MY vehicles.
    Last edited by MCPO_SOCM_RET; 07-17-2022 at 09:12 AM.

In Memoriam Forum User
    I can't imagine trying to see and manipulate any kind of tumbler wheels or combination dial, etc in a dark vehicle, under stress!

I am a Forum User
    I used Weatherguard locking steel drawers. They are good quality, also.

In either case you would likely need to line them with carpet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123