Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Appleseed coming to the Saginaw / Bay City area Aug 25 & 26.

Hey guys I havent seen this one posted yet but, The Bay Linwood sportsmen club is hosting its first appleseed shoot this up coming August. We definitely need more people to sign up.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28174

I am a Forum User
    According to the link, it is an centerfire event. Is there a caliber limit? Also, what if you get more than the 6 or 8 for that bay that want to use centerfire how would it work? Only reason I ask is because I have been wanting a longer range centerfire event.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starjammir
    According to the link, it is an centerfire event. Is there a caliber limit? Also, what if you get more than the 6 or 8 for that bay that want to use centerfire how would it work? Only reason I ask is because I have been wanting a longer range centerfire event.
    No caliber limit on centerfire (ok, well probably not .50 BMG) but understand you are likely to go through 400 rounds which can be expensive.

All instruction is done at 25 meters which saves time walking back and forth. Those with only centerfires will shoot on the 8 lanes set aside for centerfire.

On Sunday afternoon when we have longer ranges we will use those lanes to shoot known distance with the centerfires.

So, if you have both a rimfire and a centerfire bring both. Shoot the rimfire for the instruction, drills etc to save money and then switch to the centerfire on Sunday afternoon.

It is unlikely that we will have more than 8 with centerfires. If that does occur first ones who get there get those lanes. We will try and have loaner 22s for the others if they don't bring one. And we will try and switch off on Sunday so everyone with a centerfire gets a chance to shoot at the longer distance.

Feel free to ask about specifics. I am not sure who the Shoot Boss is for that event but they and/or I (instructor) will try and answer your questions.

I am a Forum User
    I am trying to find the distances we will be shooting at for this centerfire event. Anyone know? Also are we using bipods,scopes or iron sights...etc? I've done one of them in Lapeer with then.22s and done a few CMP events but wanted to know the rules for this.
    Thanks!

The munger range has capacity for 300 yard, that said, I am not sure they will allow 300 yard at this event.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starjammir
    I am trying to find the distances we will be shooting at for this centerfire event. Anyone know? Also are we using bipods,scopes or iron sights...etc? I've done one of them in Lapeer with then.22s and done a few CMP events but wanted to know the rules for this.
    Thanks!
    The only difference between this one and the one you did at Lapeer is that you can use centerfire rifles at Bay/Linwood. We are limited to rim fires at Lapeer because we use the pistol range there. In other words, this is a regular 25 meter Appleseed, but you can use center fire rifles in addition to 22s at this one. Just like any regular Appleseed, iron sights or scopes are welcome, no bipods.

If you want to do a full distance shoot, we will be doing a full distance Appleseed in September at Fort Custer. Distances at that one will be 100-400 yards. In order to shoot full distance you have to have earned your Rifleman patch or attended 3 regular Appleseeds. More info is here... http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=30255.0