Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Ruger SR9C Review after 10k Rounds

Ruger SR9C Review after 10k Rounds
    In my opinion this is a great gun

The gun seems to be ergonomically correct

I'm not a big fan of the sights but they work rather well

I always clean my Ruger after taking it to the range. it's always oiled and always maintained.
    This Gun has never given me any cycling issues until now

My Mistakes was never cleaning the striker channel so
    After 10,000 Rounds, I have finally had my first light primer strikes.

So I cleaned the striker channel and took it out and shot 500rds out of it without any problems today.

This gun is built to last while keeping its accuracy
    The slide is still tight to the frame, the trigger is crisp, it still shoots like it is new

To anyone that cleans the striker channel be careful not to lose the Mag disconnect spring, I lost mine and just ordered a new one from Ruger for $2.00
    People have told me I don't need the Mag disconnect, I'm shooting without it until I get the new spring, I like having one it's just a preference of mine because it's my EDC

Sounds like a typical Ruger rugged and reliable, my first handgun was a P-89 still have it and never had a function failure of any kind. Bought it brand new 22 years ago.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    MGO
    NRA
    NAGR
    USAF(Retired)

Good to hear, Ruger is a great company to deal with.. That being said, losing your disconnect spring was the biggest improvement you could have ever made to that gun.
    Downriver Minister of Misinformation.

I am a Forum User
    Good to hear all is well after 10k rounds. Mine has less than half of that through it and has been flawless so far. I didn't clean the striker channel until after about 100 rounds, but didn't find too much grease there or anywhere else.

My wife recently got one too, and it had just a minimum amount of grease right out of the box. Her SR9c has been perfect so far with only about 200 rounds through it. It was interesting to shoot hers and then shoot mine. My trigger is noticeably smoother. I guess it's the result of mine having been used more and breaking in a bit.

The sights work well for both of us, but her brother couldn't hit a 12" x 18" target at 7 yards, complaining he couldn't see the sights (we suggested a trip to the optometrist).

We both really like these pistols. They seem to fit our hands just right and point very naturally. They're a very easy pistol to shoot and seem to make amateurs like us look like we know what we're doing.
    Last edited by CHX77; 08-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Glad to hear, my sr40c only has about 2k rounds and so far so good. The striker channel is common spot people forget about, especially on new guns.

Account Closed Forum User
    I've got the 9 and 9c an both of them have been flawless. Selling the 9 only because I decided to pare back a bit. I really enjoy all of my Rugers.

I am a Forum User
    My 9c has about 6k on it and have never had one problem. best bang for the buck out there by far!!!

I am a Forum User

Thumbs up

Love my 9c, about 800 rounds through it. No problems and so easy to take down, clean, and reassemble, including the striker channel. Also like the mag disconnect feature.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the information. I've narrowed my next gun purchase to the SR9c and PX4 Storm Compact. Leaning towards the SR9c...haven't heard a bad thing about it. On this forum, other forums, and just talking to owners.