Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Can two people share a rifle?

I recently acquired a ruger 10/22 and I would like to check out an appleseed event with my 11 y/o son. Can we share one rifle? or would we each need our own?

I am a Forum User
    I did a bit more research and it looks like sharing would be impossible. Looks like my son will get to shoot and dad will get some time in a chair with a cup of coffee.

I am a Forum User
    I am sure I have a 22 of some sort you can borrow.

I know of several guys that have made "rifleman" using bolt guns.

You can borrow a rifle from someone, the rifle and shooting is important. but there is a lot more to Appleseed than just that.

It would be a really great thing if you and your son participated together.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by musashi
    I am sure I have a 22 of some sort you can borrow.
    I may just take you up on that! Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer
    I know of several guys that have made "rifleman" using bolt guns.

You can borrow a rifle from someone, the rifle and shooting is important. but there is a lot more to Appleseed than just that.

It would be a really great thing if you and your son participated together.
    I figured the shooting would be secondary to the experience itself. I have no issue at all being a cheerleader for him. I would like to get him started out shooting correctly by a real instructor.

Loaner rifles are almost always available. Just make sure that you notify the shoot boss at the event you plan to attend in advance.

Several of us have shortened stocks on 10-22's for smaller stature shooters.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs
    Loaner rifles are almost always available. Just make sure that you notify the shoot boss at the event you plan to attend in advance.

Several of us have shortened stocks on 10-22's for smaller stature shooters.
    Will do. Thanks.

Anyone here going to the November Lapeer/Attica one?

MGO Member
    Jeep,

Most instructors have an extra rifle or two to loan. Should be no problem. Just let the shoot boss know ahead of time so he/she can put out the word.

I have been to every one that LCSC has hosted. I haven't actually participated in one yet, but I usually show up mid-day on Sunday, just for grins.

I don't own the right kind of .22 for that. Mine don't have ANY magazines. I'll get around to it one of these days.

That is me.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast