Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: safe lighting

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel3500
    Went with a kit from elementalled. Just gotta wait for it to get here now. Thanks for the help
    I'm an EE and use lots of different LED styles for various things (work and play). I was impressed with the products. Enjoy!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy
    Going this route for the Coke machine I'm converting into a safe.
    I'd love to see the finished product; heck I'd like to see the unfinished product.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by juicemon
    Try running some rope lights inside around the door opening.
    I'm going to have to look into this idea as my "safe" has a rolled over front to which it should be easy to tuck rope lighting in all the way around... Thanks!

I am a Forum User

Safe LIGHTS

2 (1 per side)slimline fluorescents from Walmart $10.00 each , mounted approximately center in height behind the door jamb with heavy duty Velcro , and a motion sensor line switch .
    Still ratchet strapped to a furniture dolly .

Last edited by Easyrider49; 10-22-2012 at 01:16 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I have 2 of the kits from LiteTech Auto. Very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by teecro
    I'd love to see the finished product; heck I'd like to see the unfinished product.
    I'll put a few pic's up soon.

Medical problems, work, and a few other issues put the project on a back burner, but I'm ready to continue the work now.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    someone posted an AWESOME light picture they did to their dads safe, i wish i knew who it was because it was truly a beautiful job.

MGO Member
    this is why i have a head band mounted light on top of my safe. not matter where you look its lit up.

I am a Forum User
    I've been using the battery operated LED tap lights in both the "puck" and strip configurations and they are just not cutting it.

I looked at the components from elementalled listed above but it appears to be about $8/ft and you still have to provide the power supply and configure it yourself. Not a daunting task but somethign else to consider.

I even looked at doing my own using less expensive components such as these:

http://www.tomtop.com/lasers-flashli...ontroller.html

or

http://www.tomtop.com/lasers-flashli...rip-light.html

but I'm not sure how bright the EL lights actually are and I still have to do the work myself and provide a power supply, etc. with the strip lighting. So, I am going to order the package from litetech, upgraded to the AC power supply. Should even come with the door switch to turn itself on.

I am a Forum User
    Check E-bay for the inexpensive LED light strips, I got 5 meters of 3528 LEDS(150 total) and a power supply out of NJ for 28.00 shipped.

Worked perfect in my Winchester 24 gun..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast