Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: safe lighting

MGO Member Forum User
    I ordered the kit from http://www.litetechauto.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28 and received it yesterday. It installed with virtually no effort and they threw in the switch which I mounted to the door opening.
    Heres a before shot in my lighted office:

And after installing two 48" LED strips on each side of the door and one 20" strip above the door:

In my opinion the litetech kit is awesome!

I am a Forum User
    Reasonably priced.

This is the same type of fixture liberty sells as a kit, just at about 10x the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOGISYS-WHIT...item5891b78b05

I am a Forum User
    just ordered from litetechauto.com, looks like a nice, inexpensive system. thanks for posting the link and photos.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUICEMAN
    just ordered from litetechauto.com, looks like a nice, inexpensive system. thanks for posting the link and photos.

just wanted to update: got the litetechauto lighting kit real quick (surprised me to be honest that I got it so quick). Installed in a couple minutes, even though I didn't see any real instructions included (maybe they are online), its pretty self explanatory. lights it up real well, just need to finish tucking the excess wire and hard-mounting the battery box to be finished with it. It does stick to my safe interior, but also may run the included velcro strips for a more positive installation.

I would post pics of my safe with/without lighting.... but its a mess and needs to be rearranged.

MGO Member Forum User
    I bought an LED undercabinet light set from Ikea. It had 4 different LED strips so I could put them in places to light up all my shelves easily. Works great!

I am a Forum User
    I installed 12vdc flexible LED strips in my safe. Got them wired to a switch and ac/dc adapter. Bought the lights at oznium (dot) com. Good luck!

I am a Forum User
    We're configuring and installing something like this soon. It's crazy inexpensive and should work very well - will update once complete.

I am a Forum User
    figured id throw this out there for anyone looking.

i just got the deluxe 3 light kit from www.lightmysafe.com. its awesome. it has a light/motion sensor that auto turns on/off. highly recommended $85. all led's.
    Last edited by plumbum; 03-19-2014 at 08:56 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I rigged up a couple sets of these LED strips from IKEA in my safe. Very happy with the results. I ran 3 sections on each side and 2 sections on the top. Each kit comes with 4 sections, so I used two kits for the LEDs, and run them all off the transformer from one kit (I checked the amperage, and its ok to use one, but you can easily run off two transformers)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20119418/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast