Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown3727
    One apparent way this can be done is for these clowns to stop open carrying rifles and shotguns slung over their shoulders like 'child solidiers' in Somalia while "just taking a stroll" through town, just so they can provoke a police encounter in hopes to obtain video of them schooling the officer in the laws and MCL's pertaining to OC to post on YouTube!
    But it is legal to do so..

If Obummer finds a way to get ALL of the ILLEGAL guns off the streets, & do a flawless job of screening gun purchasers, we wouldn't need to carry.
    But we know that won't happen, 'cause the BG would just use a stick or a rock.
    The problem is not guns, it's morality.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ
    Not sure how many times I have to post this, but Romney won't be your savior either:

[YOUTUBE]Kk1bJOpYUqE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QiKh9Ko3mw4[/YOUTUBE]

No--once again we have a lesser of two evils and in that situation you always get evil.

Thank the media as they gave us these two.

Remember there was at least one candidate that "CANNOT BE ELECTED" especially when we are not allowed to vote for that andidate.

MGO Board of Directors

I was listening. He didn't say what you typed AND put in quotes. If you are going to quote someone, do it accurately. No need to paraphrase or lie about it.

" My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement . . . I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence."

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole
    Obama: I am coming after the guns and I will screen gun owners

“We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement,” he said. “What I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam
    I was listening. He didn't say what you typed AND put in quotes. If you are going to quote someone, do it accurately. No need to paraphrase or lie about it.

" My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement . . . I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence."
    You can spin it however you want, but I got the message loud and clear. So did many others.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ
    Not sure how many times I have to post this, but Romney won't be your savior either:
    If Romney is elected .. yes .. he will be my savior from the absolute destruction that Obama will bring forth with certainty for decades to follow ..

You need to listen to this and heed what he is saying ..

[YOUTUBE]H5v7QQ5vQWg[/YOUTUBE]

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G22
    FIFY

May as well make it sound like all the other anti-gun bloggers.
    What does "FIFY" stand for? Sorry still getting used to some of the blog acronyms... It's just silly that's all, I know it's legal and a right to exercise. But it just seems that so many are doing it not so much for that reason as just to get video for YouTube. I think that is counter productive. If you think I'm anti gun, then that's your mistake and couldn't be further from the truth.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam
    Not exactly certain what your point of reference was in your post, but if it was the "OP" that started this thread, it was taken exactly as it was stated in the article.

...That said, here is some additional related content directly from its source:
    Obama Goes Off-Teleprompter on Gun Control

the president replied, "I believe in the second amendment," but added:
    ... I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns.
    Obama told the head of the Brady gun-ban group "we are working on it ... we just have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

An NRA article titled "Obama's Secret Plan To Destroy the Second Amendment By 2016" describes the Obama strategy:
    1. Neutralize gun owners and NRA voters ...
    2. Win re-election to a second term in the White House, where they then will be immune to the will of voters ...
    3. Prosecute a full-scale, sustained, all-out campaign to excise the Second Amendment from our Bill of Rights through legislation, litigation, regulation, executive orders, judicial fiat, international treaties-in short, all the levers of power of all three branches of government.
    American Thinker

Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown3727
    What does "FIFY" stand for? Sorry still getting used to some of the blog acronyms... It's just silly that's all, I know it's legal and a right to exercise. But it just seems that so many are doing it not so much for that reason as just to get video for YouTube. I think that is counter productive. If you think I'm anti gun, then that's your mistake and couldn't be further from the truth.
    FIFY fixed it for you.

I revised your post a bit. If you change a few key words, It comes out very similar to what the anti-gun crowd always says about us carrying (open or concealed). Open carry of a handgun sounded pretty silly to me a few years back. I've changed most of my views on that subject now, as have many others. There are still a few methods of educating the public that I think could be handled better but that is a personal belief of mine not a legal one.

Also, looking back I believe anti-gun was a poor choice of words on my part. Its more of an anti or pro Rights argument. I don't think you are anti-gun, and I agree that unfortunately there may be some who wish to provoke a response looking to cash in on a lawsuit, but I personally don't believe that the person you are referring to did it for that reason. He didn't even have any recording devices at the time.

The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Baloney or not

Obama told the head of the Brady gun-ban group "we are working on it ... we just have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Sarah Brady denies ever making that statement to a Washington Post reporter. That reporter has refused to verify ANY conversation or the fact that he even HAD a conversation with Brady.

The NRA does a lot of good. If not for them it would probably be illegal for Americans to own ANY gun.
    But they're not above spreading misinformation, innuendo, and half-truths to achieve their goals.
    It's up to YOU to determine fact from fiction.

Fact is neither Presidential candidate is a champion of gun rights.
    The other fact is neither one of them has the ability to take your guns away.

Will an Obama Democrat Supreme Court majority ban guns in the future?
    Will a Romney Republican Supreme Court majority ban guns in the future?
    Who knows? Look what happened with Obamacare.

There are no guarantees so we have to keep fighting but keeping the fight honest is best in the long run.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast