Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsie
    Obama told the head of the Brady gun-ban group "we are working on it ... we just have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

Sarah Brady denies ever making that statement to a Washington Post reporter. That reporter has refused to verify ANY conversation or the fact that he even HAD a conversation with Brady.

The NRA does a lot of good. If not for them it would probably be illegal for Americans to own ANY gun.
    But they're not above spreading misinformation, innuendo, and half-truths to achieve their goals.
    It's up to YOU to determine fact from fiction.

Fact is neither Presidential candidate is a champion of gun rights.
    The other fact is neither one of them has the ability to take your guns away.

Will an Obama Democrat Supreme Court majority ban guns in the future?
    Will a Romney Republican Supreme Court majority ban guns in the future?
    Who knows? Look what happened with Obamacare.

There are no guarantees so we have to keep fighting but keeping the fight honest is best in the long run.
    ...Cite your sources.

Here's mine, from the Washington Post:
    On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
    Almost identical content from Fox News
    Last edited by Smokepole; 10-21-2012 at 06:59 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Comparing a Right guaranteed in the Constitution to apiece of legislation passed by congress is comparing apples to oranges. Will the next 2 or 3 Supreme Court nominees appointed by obama, if he is re-elected, begin dismantaling the 2A? In a word, yes. Using the same senario, will Romney appointees? It's highly unlikely, more so if the Republicans would control a 60 vote majority in the Senate.

Am I happy with the obamacare ruling, heck no! But I'm more than willing to hedge my bets on helping to elect Romney. For me I have a lot more to lose if obama is re-elected than only gun rights.

Banned Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by persicko
    Not just taking our guns away with any ban. It will take away jobs. As we know Oboma is very good at. This will close gun maunfactors,cut subpliers of the patrs to make the guns and the list goes on. So because of one painted face idiot or the next person who uses an Ak or Ar in a bad way. All the people the have them get punished for being law abiding. So go out and vote and make Michigan a Red state and not a Liberial Blue.
    I don't even know where to start with this. Sheesh.

I am a Forum User
    After every nationally publicized tragic massacre, the government will punish the non-participants.

HH

"...Cite your source"

Here's one from the Tampa Bay Times...Google it and you'll find others.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...radar-nra-say/

Come and get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider
    Comparing a Right guaranteed in the Constitution to apiece of legislation passed by congress is comparing apples to oranges. Will the next 2 or 3 Supreme Court nominees appointed by obama, if he is re-elected, begin dismantaling the 2A? In a word, yes. Using the same senario, will Romney appointees? It's highly unlikely, more so if the Republicans would control a 60 vote majority in the Senate.

Am I happy with the obamacare ruling, heck no! But I'm more than willing to hedge my bets on helping to elect Romney. For me I have a lot more to lose if obama is re-elected than only gun rights.

If Obama gets to appoint more people like Kagin and Sotomayor [Sic?] There could -realistically- be an upheld Executive Order for banning/turning them in.

There would be blood on the streets. Martial Law would be declared, and a lot, I seriously mean a very lot of law enforcement personel would lose there lives trying to uphold these orders. (Which they may actually try... Look at the Stupid, stupid cops during Hurricane Katrina)
    Granted this would tear our nation apart worse than the Civil War. But it's a possibility However fear mongering it sounds...

Lets hope to God nothin like this comes to fruition...

I can't post links yet! Forum User

The insanity of Obama's gun control desires for the U.S.A.

Refresh my memory," Isn't Obama from Illinois?, Isn't Chicago one of the most violent cities in the U.S. and also in Obama's former Congressional District?", and, doesn"t Illinois and Chicago have some of the most stringent gun control in the country? What does he hope to achieve by applying his gun control principles to the rest of our country!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Beck
    Refresh my memory," Isn't Obama from Illinois?, Isn't Chicago one of the most violent cities in the U.S. and also in Obama's former Congressional District?", and, doesn"t Illinois and Chicago have some of the most stringent gun control in the country? What does he hope to achieve by applying his gun control principles to the rest of our country!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -- Albert Einstein

So by definition, that would make 0bama..et all ?

Sort of a circular argument!

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Beck
    ...Control.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast