Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FNAR Opinions

MGO Member

FNAR Opinions

I have been trying to decide what type of semi-automatic rifle to buy and have gone to a couple gun shops looking. I really like the FNAR 308 and from what I've read, it's a very accurate, dependable rifle. Does anybody have any experiences with this gun, good or bad?

Mike

You get what you pay for...and FNH is top notch IMHO.

If you can afford it and its what you really want/like... Then you will very satisfied.

The only downfall is that you'll want a PS90 and/or a FS2000 next..Maybe even a fiveseven...which adds up!

Maybe not the answer you wanted...but FN is quality.

I am a Forum User
    For the money I dont think there is anything comparable. Yeah AR's in .308 etc, but they wernt designed around .308. The FNAR was. 1moa all day from what I've read.

I believe they come in 16" and 20" barrels. I'd opt for the longer one myself, .308 starts slowing down a lot under 20"

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats
    The only downfall is that you'll want a PS90 and/or a FS2000 next..Maybe even a fiveseven.
    If you get a Five-seveN, you'll want two. Don't ask me how I know.

I am a Forum User
    I don't have any experience with one, but I watched a video of one being 'field stripped' and it looks like a major ordeal. Then again I'm used to AKs and ARs that break down in 10 seconds . I have a Winchester Model 94 that I hope I never have to detail strip.

Yes, the field stripping is an issue, because you really can't strip it in the field. You need a nice table with an uncluttered surface because you have to remove fasteners, tiny pins etc and put them down somewhere to continue the process. Perhaps it is similar to the Browning BAR, but it is definitely not made for a foot soldier, rather for surgeons....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger
    For the money I dont think there is anything comparable. Yeah AR's in .308 etc, but they wernt designed around .308. The FNAR was. 1moa all day from what I've read.

I believe they come in 16" and 20" barrels. I'd opt for the longer one myself, .308 starts slowing down a lot under 20"
    what are you talking about? ar10 has a lower number then ar15....

To me it looks like a great long range rifle.
    Last edited by yocan; 12-08-2012 at 02:12 AM.

I would rather have an AR10. But that is just based upon looks. The FNAR just does not look right to me.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by yocan
    what are you talking about? ar10 has a lower number then ar15....

To me it looks like a great long range rifle.
    I think he's talking about the fact that it is a lot harder to get a AR10 working properly then a AR15. At least from what I've seen first hand.

I am a Forum User
    A friend has a FNAR Heavy that I really like. The factory rail is already 20 MOA, it's light, comfortable and accurate. I can't speak for reliability other than no issues for the afternoon at the range.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast