Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

February Appleseeds

Two Appleseeds this month...

Bellevue Feb 16 & 17

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...?locationid=66

Lapeer Feb 23 & 24

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-...?locationid=62

What exactly goes on at a Appleseed?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ittayem66
    What exactly goes on at a Appleseed?
    Here you go:

http://appleseedinfo.org/why_come.html

MGO Member

Lapeer Shoot

The Appleseed at Lapeer is a very comfortable place to shoot. The have a nice clubhouse right next to the shooting line and the line is heated.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymac
    The Appleseed at Lapeer is a very comfortable place to shoot. The have a nice clubhouse right next to the shooting line and the line is heated.
    Shhhhh......

That's a secret, you're not supposed to tell everybody.

There is also the "second line"..... The "ICE HOUSE".

ETA:
    Bellevue has 38 spots open
    AND
    Lapeer has 18 spots open
    Last edited by Roundballer; 01-31-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member Forum User
    Is one day enough? Or do they cover different training on each day? I want to take one of these but I can't commit to both days.

Also is it .22 only or can you bring what you want to shoot competitions with (M1 Garand). Also how much ammo should I bring?

Edit: Just read that all skills will be tought Saturday, so is Sunday just a range day with extra instruction?

Quote Originally Posted by CStickney
    Is one day enough? Or do they cover different training on each day? I want to take one of these but I can't commit to both days.
    One day is better than none. If you can only do one day, do a Saturday. The basics are covered on Saturday, and Sunday is to mostly refine what you have learned, and to make your qualification.
    Also is it .22 only or can you bring what you want to shoot competitions with (M1 Garand). Also how much ammo should I bring?
    The caliber is range specific, Lapeer is .22lr only (it is shot on our pistol ranges). The February at Lapeer, there is another event that prohibits the use of the rifle range on Sunday. They will (with out conflict) have the rifle range for Sunday afternoon, sort of to stretch what you have learned to 200yrds. As far as the round count (just a guess) 3~400 rds, bring 500 to be sure. When it is availabe Sunday afternoon with a Garand, AR, other 7.62, or "other".
    Edit: Just read that all skills will be tought Saturday, so is Sunday just a range day with extra instruction?
    Sunday (as far as shooting goes) it is mostly refining the skills.

What is being skipped over in these posts is that Appleseed is A LOT MORE than just the shooting, and the marksmanship. The whole program includes coverage of a very important day in history. There are short presentations of the many events of that day. There are many things presented that are not included in the standard history books. That all gets mixed in with a significant amount of shooting.

If you have specific questions about an event, at a specific location, we can find the "Shoot Boss" for that event and direct them to him, or, "intheburbs" here on this board is the man to ask "globally" for questions. There are quite a few "Shoot Bosses" that post here regularly, as well as many Instructors.

There are still 17 slots open <-- click here to register.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 02-03-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member

Our teaching is compared to "drinking from a fire hose" lots of stuff all at once. We cram weeks worth of instruction into two fast moving days. Most people find they need Sunday to bring it altogether.

Also, most people easily translate what they learn with a 22 to their center fire rifles. Principles are the same, rimfire is much cheaper to shoot.