Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer
    NO, you are not in the "feds" records. The pistol registration is a STATE law, and we are one of only 4~5 states that do it.
    Since the change in the law, the new version will only have three copies. The "agency" copy is being eliminated, the locals are not required to keep the records any longer.
    Thanks, did not know the agency copy was being eliminated. When I said "feds" I meant the NICS check for each gun. I just assumed that they kept the records of proceed/deny/delays. Also I assumed that the seller of the gun if a dealer mailed his copy to the "feds".

If not, I can understand why Obama wants universal registration because this makes it confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing
    Thanks, did not know the agency copy was being eliminated. When I said "feds" I meant the NICS check for each gun. I just assumed that they kept the records of proceed/deny/delays. Also I assumed that the seller of the gun if a dealer mailed his copy to the "feds".

If not, I can understand why Obama wants universal registration because this makes it confusing.
    Even the NICS check are not allowed to be stored. The cleared checks must be dumped from the records within xx-hours. It is written into the law, and they (at one time) even got de-funded for a computer upgrade they wanted to store records. The deny is held longer, but for how long? They mostly are only allowed to store the statistical information of "counts". No "who" or "what". I don't even think that the FFL tells them "what" when they call NICS, just the "who" to get a clearance.

The only place that the "who" and "what" are recorded is on the 4473, and the FFL is required to keep that, but it doesn't get turned in to the BATFE unless the FFL goes out of business. Even then, the BATFE is prohibited from creating a searchable database, the records get transferred to microfilm or something like that.

And, yes, the gubbermint has tried to create this "defacto" registration system many times. So far they have been shot down every time.

Registration is the first step in the process, ending in confiscation, and subjugation.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

Smile

Our PD has a night drop box, I keep a copy in my safe and toss theirs in the box when I get out of work at midnight. Like the man said I don't care what they do with their copy I've got mine.

Mail it.

If you need to have proof, the agency where you filed it must give you a copy of guns registered for $1.
    "Every late-19th-century legal scholar that we have read interpreted the Second Amendment to secure an individual right unconnected with militia service." -- U.S. Supreme Court, June 26, 2008.

I am a Forum User
    Drop it off yourself or have your wife do it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by soupyu
    Drop it off yourself or have your wife do it.
    have your wife do your spamming for you

MGO Member
    Waterford has a drop box inside the police station. I personally do it myself to make sure.

I am a Forum User
    I have always mailed mine and called one week later to make sure they received it. They last time I called they where swamped and said they would call me back. 20 minutes later I got a call saying they received it.

MGO Board of Directors

My wife always drops mine or hers off at local PD, only a few blocks down the road. One time they actually called me when they got it, when I called back it was something she couldn't read very well, but had figured it out.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I have some guys telling me they never registered their firearms. They say just tell them you mailed it in. They have to prove you didnt mail it. How true is this or is this false info?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast